Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Chromewhore.com KICKS A$$!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chromewhore.com KICKS A$$!

A few weeks ago I ordered some SS Galfer brake lines from J.T. @ Chromewhore while he was advertising a group buy - for a very good price I might add. At any rate, as I got around to putting the pads on I noticed that he sent me two sets of pads for the rear and only one for the front (instead of the other way around). OOPS! Instead of getting all bent out of shape I sent him an email, making him aware of the mix-up. I offered to send my extras back in exchange for a full set of front pads and this was his reply (within an hour of my original email):

"Awwww man I'm an idiot Tell you what I have those pads in stock and
I'll get them out to you tomorrow priority mail again. For my mistake
how about you just keep the extra rear pads for the next time you need
them."

This is a very impressive display of professional courtesy by one of our sponsors and he should be commended for it. He also went on to give me some pointers on the whole brake bleeding procedure that had been haunting me!

Earlier this week I replied to a post that asked "Where should I buy my mods and who should install them?" I told the author "eBay is a good place to find good deals, but you may not get the customer service that you would expect from a dealer." This instance proved that for me.

Thanks again J.T.

JJKukla
Saginaw, MI

Old 06-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Retired Administrator
Default RE: Chromewhore.com KICKS A$$!

ahh... customer service, I thought customer service died years ago?

Old 06-07-2006, 03:01 PM

Customer service is worth the extra money, especially when you have a problem. Trust me, on ebay you have people who don't give 2 ****s if your order is wrong and won't go the extra step to fix it. If they get their money that's all that matters.

Good to here that about Chromewhore, I'll be looking into those brake lines here when I get some money and I know where I'll be purchasing them.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:54 AM

Well the new front pads got here today (as promised) two days after I contacted J.T.. No extra charge for the pads or the shipping - damn this guy is good.

Thanks again J.T.