Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

AMA Superbike Double Header In Elkhart Lake Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA Superbike Double Header In Elkhart Lake Wisconsin

Anyone going? Me and a bunch of other guys are riding over. It should be a blast. Its the weekend of June 2 and we are leaving Richland Center at about 11:00am. We have about 10 guys in our group right now, but it might end up getting a little bigger. If anyone is interested in going or you want some info go to www.roadamerica.com they sell the tickets there too. If you are planning on going let me know and we can look for eachother or meet someplace to ride together. I will take the video camera to get some footage of it and I'll post it up when I get back and all rested up. But if your going let me know.

-Jesse-

Old 05-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Default RE: AMA Superbike Double Header In Elkhart Lake Wisconsin

I'm trying to make it... not sure when I will be leaving, but probably not until sometime on Friday afternoon or evening. Anyone you know of from over this way (SE MN?) Keep me posted and we'll see what happens.
thanks!
-D

Old 05-10-2006, 02:50 AM

Im seeing about 122 miles from where i am to Road America but i think it would be sneeky kewl to see a race..and meet up with a few of us...so...im gonna get my ticket and watch the weather....im in...

Old 05-10-2006, 10:03 AM

I don't care about the weather LOL, I've ridden in the rain before. I've got the hotel all lined up and got my ticket on the way so I'll be riding up rain or shine. It rained last year, but that didn't stop the racing so Iwon't be out anything. This will be my first year going and I hope to meet some other Honda riders. I'll keep my eye open for your bikes and when I get some more info I'll let you know where I'll be parking or where I'll be sitting at the track.

RCKT GRL--I don't know too many people that ride, except the few that I ride with by me. But I bet if you look around there will be quite a few people going. But your not too far from me, I live in south western Wisconsin. But we are leaving on friday morning, so when it gets closer to the race, let me know when your going to leave and mabye we can all meet someplace.

-Jesse-

Old 05-10-2006, 10:43 AM

I was looking at ticket prices last nite...and was wonering exactly what kind of ticket i should buy and where i should stay so that im not out there riding around all alone...any info would be great ..

Old 05-10-2006, 02:51 PM

I got the link for ticket prices and the rooms in Sheboygan are going for 150 a night...im gonna prolly make the trip up on Friday night too...let me know..
Road America Tickets.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Retired Mod

im going, but i wont be on the bike . my friend has his pilot's license and we're flying up there on friday. maybe we could meet up somewhere saturday night?

Old 05-10-2006, 03:45 PM

count me in, im on the way. i live close to 41 on illinois side of the border. i'll let ya'll know for sure if im going

Old 05-11-2006, 02:55 AM

Most of Sheboygan is booked soild for that weekend but did find a few rooms at Holiday In in Manitowoc.But other than that slim pickens..prolly book a room there...its 30 miles from Road America..if thats where ya wanted to make a jump off at...its right of of 43 and 151...just an idea...i think bran lives right up over yonder...so in an effort to coordiante a CBR Forums 1st Annual Day At The Races..LOL...meet at the Holiday Inn in Manitowoc...just an idea..
This is the place.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:13 AM

Me and my buddy are staying at the super 8 in west bend. They only had three rooms and they were $65 a night for a smoking room with 2 beds, but its 45 minutes away. I got my room through traveltoday.com?? Anyone know if they are any good? I was going to call the hotel today to make sure that I actually have a room when I get there on Friday. I would like to get together and meet some of you guys, but its kind of hard to get something organized like this on short notice. But hopefully we can get something figured out. I haven't ever been there before so I don't know of any good places to meet. Let me know what you guys get figured out, but meeting at a hotel sounds good to me.

-Jesse-

Quick Reply: AMA Superbike Double Header In Elkhart Lake Wisconsin