Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

AMA Superbike Double Header In Elkhart Lake Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA Superbike Double Header In Elkhart Lake Wisconsin

OK...so be it then..i just booked a room at that very same Super 8 in West Bend...it looks like it will shorten my trip on Friday by about 45 mins..which is a good thing...waiting to hear from Bran to see if he is on board..calling the hotel now actually..to verify.
Here

Old 05-12-2006, 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRFREEK

OK...so be it then..i just booked a room at that very same Super 8 in West Bend...it looks like it will shorten my trip on Friday by about 45 mins..which is a good thing...waiting to hear from Bran to see if he is on board..calling the hotel now actually..to verify.
Here
Awesome, I guess we'll meet up there. If anyone else is interested it seems like a decent place. I called to make sure my room was reserved yesturday and it was a go. This is the cheapest place that I could find otherwise you could camp at the track, but I have a feeling that it might rain and I would much rather be in a hotel room than a wet tent, but thats just my .02.

See you there CBRFREEK

-Jesse-

Old 05-12-2006, 11:48 AM

For arguement sake lets just say it isnt supposed to rain..LOL>.i hate the rain.Im also thinking of staying until sunday so that way we can use a room to store gear while at the race...otherwise if i check in on Friday and bring a pack..i have to lug it to the race and then all the way home...whereas if i get a weekender room...i can bring a chnge and what not in a pack ...drop it in the room for Saturday and only have to worry about carrying my helmet on Saturday..

Old 05-12-2006, 06:02 PM

Hey - Not to jack this thread or anything... but since I no longer live in the U.P. which was only a 4 hour ride to Elkhart Lake... I plan on heading down to Mid-Ohio this year for one (or maybe both) race weekend(s).

If there's enough interest let's get another thread going.

Enjoy the race.

Old 05-13-2006, 04:26 AM

For arguement sake lets just say it isnt supposed to rain..LOL>.i hate the rain.Im also thinking of staying until sunday so that way we can use a room to store gear while at the race...otherwise if i check in on Friday and bring a pack..i have to lug it to the race and then all the way home...whereas if i get a weekender room...i can bring a chnge and what not in a pack ...drop it in the room for Saturday and only have to worry about carrying my helmet on Saturday..
I agree about the rain part LOL. We have the room for friday and saturday nights and we will check out sometime on Sunday. I don't know what time you have to be out of the room, but if I have to take my pack to the race on Sunday its not that big of a deal I guess. Let me know what room your going to be staying at when you find out.

Anyone else going to book a room at the Super 8 in West Bend?? The guys that we were going to ride up with are being dicks now so I guess its only going to be me and my buddy unless we can get them figured out. They are kinda pissed cause we decided to get a hotel room and not camp with them. So hopefully we can get a group of people together to go for a ride on saturday.

About the race in Ohio, I'd like to go, but I don't think I'd be able to swing it. I already have another trip planed for at the end of July so thats going to clean out my savings LOL. I sure if you make another post there will be some interest.

-Jesse-

Old 05-13-2006, 10:58 PM

Jesse,
any other girls going that you know of? I'd be interested in splitting a room with someone cuz you know how finances are.... lemme know. I'm going to try to split out of work early (12pm) on Friday and head that direction.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:24 PM

Im prolly leaving here at around 11 Friday afternoon...looking to hit West Bend around maybe 2 or 3ish...im gonna go to the race on Saturday but ill be leavin town on Sunday mornin cuz being a dad is still my fullest time job..LOL.. so as far aw we know its just the 4 of us..RCKT Jesse Myself and Jesse's Bud..i havent heard anything from Brancart in a few days.

Old 05-14-2006, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: RCKT GRL

Jesse,
any other girls going that you know of? I'd be interested in splitting a room with someone cuz you know how finances are.... lemme know. I'm going to try to split out of work early (12pm) on Friday and head that direction.
Sorry no girls that I know of that are going alone. There are a couple girls that are going but they will be camping with their boyfriends. But I know what you meen about the budget thing. I'm glad the I get along with Ben (the guy that I'm riding up with)and we can split the cost of a room otherwise I probably wouldn't be going, unless camping is alot cheaper but I guess thats kind of expensive too. Good luck and hopefully you can find a roomie for the weekend.

-Jesse-

Old 05-14-2006, 09:07 PM

Im prolly leaving here at around 11 Friday afternoon...looking to hit West Bend around maybe 2 or 3ish...im gonna go to the race on Saturday but ill be leavin town on Sunday mornin cuz being a dad is still my fullest time job..LOL.. so as far aw we know its just the 4 of us..RCKT Jesse Myself and Jesse's Bud..i havent heard anything from Brancart in a few days.
Hopefully someone can get in touch with Brancart, but if not we will be checking into the hotel about the same time as you CBRFREEK. We are going to leave about 11am on friday and will probably be there between 2 and 5 pm LOL We are going to stop and eat and take some breaks and probably a few detours LOL But we will see you there. Too bad you will have to leave Sunday morning, but I understand the Dad thing.

-Jesse-

Old 05-15-2006, 02:25 PM

I was just at the Road America site..wanted to buy a ticket and was wondering if we are all riding in together from West Bend and parking together or if there has been a change of plans for u Jesse since your friends are camping there.Ill prolly just get my ticket at the gate so that way its one less this for me to lose..LOL..crikes..i have to figure out a way to get a tire changed before then..ive got 6k on my original Michie..

Quick Reply: AMA Superbike Double Header In Elkhart Lake Wisconsin