Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cheap College Kid Recipes

Old 08-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a member ship to sams/costco.... buying in bulk is the bees knees!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:19 AM

Hunting season is coming up.... Depending on how good a shot you are you could get a few weeks worth of lunch and dinner for $1-2

Old 08-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
Hunting season is coming up.... Depending on how good a shot you are you could get a few weeks worth of lunch and dinner for $1-2
I was gonna say my freshman and sophomore year in college my roommate and I ate a great deal of venison and bear. The best part is it's free! I even made a ton of venison jerky all the time to snack on.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hands down best Meatballs:

1 jar of chili sauce
1 jar of grape jelly
1 box of frozen swedish meatballs.
(Sounds like a weird combination but it is sooooo good)

put them all in a crockpot on high tell the grape jelly turn to liquid, stir and set it on low and go to school.
When you come home you have awesome meatballs!!!

Old 08-23-2011, 11:59 AM

A loaf of your favorite bread, a jar of your favorite peanut butter, marshmallow fluff and/or your favorite jelly/jam. slices of bread may also be toasted.

What can I say...you asked for cheap meal suggestions!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jmclmorrow
I was gonna say my freshman and sophomore year in college my roommate and I ate a great deal of venison and bear. The best part is it's free! I even made a ton of venison jerky all the time to snack on.
Bears a little greasy but vinison is amazing!! Pot roast, steaks, ribs.... and i've got a jerky recipe that'll have you dreading ever having to eat store bought jerky again

Old 08-23-2011, 02:26 PM

i live in an apartment complex and only have the motorcycle so getting a deer anywhere aint going to be easy. And i HATE relying on people to go hunting with me or take a deer to a butcher to get dressed and cut into steaks

Old 08-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Administrator - Retired

Originally Posted by backyardmechanic
i live in an apartment complex and only have the motorcycle so getting a deer anywhere aint going to be easy. And i HATE relying on people to go hunting with me or take a deer to a butcher to get dressed and cut into steaks
Well if you ever do decide to drag a deer back to your apt on your bike... I want pics.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:09 PM

Samsclub card is a must..

$7 for 40 bags of microwave popcorn=awesome if you get stuck late and need a snack.
Get a bag of rolls for $4 and a dish of pulled pork for $10 you will have enough food for a month if you just keep getting fresh rolls.

Also look for coupons. It's crazy what kind of deals you can get if things are on sale and you have a coupon.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Administrator - Retired

Yeah, sam's club can be good for some stuff. Italian sausage was like $9 for 6lbs or something last time I went. Good for sausage sandwiches with peppers and onions.

I would also check to see if there are any other discount or bent n' dent places nearby. We used to have one outside of town where I went to school and they were dirt cheap. Some places sell stuff that's barely past the sell by date for like half the price or less.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cheap College Kid Recipes