Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cheap College Kid Recipes

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get a member ship to sams/costco.... buying in bulk is the bees knees!

Old 08-23-2011, 10:19 AM

Hunting season is coming up.... Depending on how good a shot you are you could get a few weeks worth of lunch and dinner for $1-2

Old 08-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE
Hunting season is coming up.... Depending on how good a shot you are you could get a few weeks worth of lunch and dinner for $1-2
I was gonna say my freshman and sophomore year in college my roommate and I ate a great deal of venison and bear. The best part is it's free! I even made a ton of venison jerky all the time to snack on.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hands down best Meatballs:

1 jar of chili sauce
1 jar of grape jelly
1 box of frozen swedish meatballs.
(Sounds like a weird combination but it is sooooo good)

put them all in a crockpot on high tell the grape jelly turn to liquid, stir and set it on low and go to school.
When you come home you have awesome meatballs!!!

Old 08-23-2011, 11:59 AM

A loaf of your favorite bread, a jar of your favorite peanut butter, marshmallow fluff and/or your favorite jelly/jam. slices of bread may also be toasted.

What can I say...you asked for cheap meal suggestions!

Old 08-23-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jmclmorrow
I was gonna say my freshman and sophomore year in college my roommate and I ate a great deal of venison and bear. The best part is it's free! I even made a ton of venison jerky all the time to snack on.
Bears a little greasy but vinison is amazing!! Pot roast, steaks, ribs.... and i've got a jerky recipe that'll have you dreading ever having to eat store bought jerky again

Old 08-23-2011, 02:26 PM

i live in an apartment complex and only have the motorcycle so getting a deer anywhere aint going to be easy. And i HATE relying on people to go hunting with me or take a deer to a butcher to get dressed and cut into steaks

Old 08-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Administrator - Retired

Originally Posted by backyardmechanic
i live in an apartment complex and only have the motorcycle so getting a deer anywhere aint going to be easy. And i HATE relying on people to go hunting with me or take a deer to a butcher to get dressed and cut into steaks
Well if you ever do decide to drag a deer back to your apt on your bike... I want pics.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:09 PM

Samsclub card is a must..

$7 for 40 bags of microwave popcorn=awesome if you get stuck late and need a snack.
Get a bag of rolls for $4 and a dish of pulled pork for $10 you will have enough food for a month if you just keep getting fresh rolls.

Also look for coupons. It's crazy what kind of deals you can get if things are on sale and you have a coupon.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Administrator - Retired

Yeah, sam's club can be good for some stuff. Italian sausage was like $9 for 6lbs or something last time I went. Good for sausage sandwiches with peppers and onions.

I would also check to see if there are any other discount or bent n' dent places nearby. We used to have one outside of town where I went to school and they were dirt cheap. Some places sell stuff that's barely past the sell by date for like half the price or less.

Quick Reply: Cheap College Kid Recipes