Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

cbrforum gathering.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cbrforum gathering.....

Totally understandable.. Truly I said all that jokingly hence the LOL! Again, i agre with you... even though I suggested a dual meet for the East Coast (NE/SE) the only logical mid piont woul dbe in Virginia, say Virginia Beach or further inland.

Follow me on this one.. all the Ga, FL, TN, AL, MS folks could meet up and hit the Blue Ridge Parkway and run that (twisties and all) up to Va for a meet and greet.. The cats from PA, NY, NJ and points north and east of those states can come down.. this way pretty much everyone would travel jsut about the same distance... again my 2 cents.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buttonwillow in the spring...gets my vote...or summer...muahahhah

Old 12-15-2007, 03:15 PM

Somewhere near Indy, maybe the Moto GP race in Sept?
Or Deal's Gap sometime in the spring.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:53 PM

Sounds like Deals Gap and Laguna Seca is most popular.
+1 with what Blue mentioned earlier.
This should be an "event" so it would be worthwhile for peps to join infrom far away.
Events such as the Honda Hoot in Knoxville TN (Deals Gap) and MOTO GP at both Laguna Seca and Indianapolis.Superbike races at Mid-Ohio
These events and datesare already set, so whos in?

The track day ideas sounds good too, so lets do it at.... Mid-Ohio

(We still all need shirts )

Old 12-15-2007, 04:32 PM

i can handle mid ohio 8hrs away.. alot easier than deals gap 14hrs..

mid ohio is ok with me

Old 12-18-2007, 01:56 PM

This is a great idea! There was talk of a trip around Big Bend, TX. for those of us stuck in the middle. Anyway, count me in. I'd rather ride, but I could trailer it too. My trailer has room for two bikes, so maybe I could join up with someone and we could split the driving, to either coast. Pace, Gris.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:22 AM

Ohio does not bother me..I am from Dayton, OH.. 7 hours from Atlanta.

Old 12-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Retired Moderator

There's another forum like this one that we are arguing on as well.............here's what I posted............

EVERYONE READ THIS PART!!!!!!!!!

So here's a more detailed version of my previous proposal which is what I suggest we do for the meet. Yay or nay it...............

And just to clarify to everyone, I'm not saying this has to be a massively huge, "corporate conference" type of event, but a 2 to 3 day, track-day and group ride event sounds great.

So, we retain the 2-3 day meet platform.........

1st day: Track day. For those of you that WANT to do a track day, be there on the first day to participate in it.

2nd day: Group ride. For those of you who ONLY want to participate in the group ride, show up on day 2 and feel free to leave immediately afterwards, or stay for the "possible" 3rd day.

3rd day (if it gets to this point): Continued Group Ride/Attractions: For those of you who WANT to go to a surrounding attraction, stay for the 3rd day.

A 2-3-day meet platform is extremely flexible platform, and people can come and go as they please. For those that want a more "event" based meet, they could show up on day 1 and stay until the very end. People who would like to meet up, ride, then leave could do that as well. Just because it could be a 3 day meet, doesn't mean everyone has to stay the entire 3 days.

But, I'm just suggesting idea's here, throwing them around, and trying to get the ball rolling. All i've heard so far on these threads is a whole bunch of people suggesting a lot of places, but that's it. I would like to get the ball moving faster, and start working towards actually setting this thing up. But I still stand firm in my belief that this should be ONE, 2 to 3 day meet, with people showing up and leaving as they please in a central to central/eastern location.

If we push for this, hoping for the best, it has a high possibility of happening. THEN if all else fails, and one meet absolutely cannot happen, THEN you move onto the smaller, regional meets.

Questions, Commments, Challenges? Let's get this ball rolling!!!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered Users

i think Ohio sounds the best right now...a west coast thing just isn't going to work IMO

Old 12-19-2007, 10:53 AM

I like where Blue Fox's idea is going.

Quick Reply: cbrforum gathering.....