Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

cbrforum gathering.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cbrforum gathering.....

If you don't like Deals Gap, what alternatives do you have?

Old 12-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

WEAK... Deals gap is the SOUTH its 12hrs 700miles from ny.. there should be a meeting in PA, or NY or VT for the east.. the southerners can have thier deals gap..
South Florida is 800+ miles from Deals Gap, what about them? [&:] It ain't gonna be close to everybody... we're trying to make this as fair as possible for everyone to be able to attend. But some will still have to ride pretty far. It would be alot easier if this country were a perfect rectangle, but it's not so it can't be perfectly centralized for EVERYBODY. It's hard finding something where there's something to do and is also a central meeting spot for everybody. Right now Deals Gap seems to be the best idea so far, but if you have others by all means post them up! Nothing is set in stone... this is why were planning early

Old 12-11-2007, 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: tomvoy

I'm from the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and I'd be willing to go 4-6 hours in any direction.
I'm quoting because I like the idea...being from Texas,the funny part is that in 4 - 6 hours I can still be in Texas!

Nobody from Texas (or the "Central Southwest") has spoken up yet, so I'll go: don't care where as long as I can get there and back and only be gone four days/three nights. My dog won't let anybody else feed him...

Old 12-11-2007, 10:12 PM

So i would rather go to seca but its a 29 hrs and 1 min haul mapquest said. I still think we should do a big meet some where central,
rent a whole hotel just to are selfs and just chill.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I would be down for the Gap, take a few days off or whatever is needed. Personallyi would rather avoid going to see a race, or doing a track day, lot of extra cash, and if i go to meet yall i want to ride.

If it needs to be more confined for everyone, i will throw out a few suggestions, for the midwest St. Louis would prolly be decent, an easy day ride for most of the midwest, i cant think of a more central location.

If wanted to be more precise, the upper midwest could meet at Wisconsin dells or something like that, 2 hours from Green Bay, 2 from Chicago, and 2 from Minneapolis.

Anyhow im down for just about anything, although i dont think i want to ride out to Cali or anything.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:37 PM

I'm down for the dells and more riding.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: psycojester

I'm down for the dells and more riding.
+1

Old 12-12-2007, 12:54 AM

ORIGINAL: slip_

If you don't like Deals Gap, what alternatives do you have?
Pocano, Watkins Glen raceway.. there are some scenic and nice roads up there.. not to mention wine country.. or even VT ... somewhere regional.. deals gap is not regional for the east members.. but the southern members yes.. i say we do East, West, NW, Mid W and South.. sounds fair..

Old 12-12-2007, 03:11 AM

I'm for Deals Gap or a Track Day. I do agree if we are meeting up I'd like to be riding not sitting watching a race. As for breaking it up into more and more regions then that just nullifies the term "meet".

Like everyone is saying ... its going to be harder for others then some but getting an Eastcoast Meet isn't easy and thats why we are taking months to plan in advance. I know personally I'm looking at 8+ hours in either direction [&o]but thats 8 HOURS of riding if I don't get "lost" . But hey, we got another few months to plan so we'll see what plays out.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:28 AM

when you guys all figure out the dates for the laguna seca PM me hahah i cant stand going through this thread... i will make sure to let all my guys i ride with to have that day off and be ready for laguna.

Quick Reply: cbrforum gathering.....