Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

cbrforum gathering.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 04:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cbrforum gathering.....

Deals gap is over 14 hrs of riding for me from NY, i would have to
make it a 4-5 day trip to be worth the ride (not saying seeing you guys aint worth it)

But eother way im down to go

Old 12-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A huge meet in a central location would be sick (but what is central that is actually "worth" riding long distances to meet at?). A track day would be sick because it's an event we are meeting up to be involved in. We could always ride the day before, or the day after. Most of the tracks have great roads in surrounding areas. (like Laguna Seca for instance).

Riding a hell of a long way just to meet up at a twisty road (like Deal's Gap) is kind of not worth it for most people. Because it's not really an event to meet up at, but rather a bunch of us group-riding on a public road (which any of us can do at any time, really.)

So this is what I would propose...........Have a 2 or 3 day meet. You could either trailer your bikes out or ride out.

Day 1, track day. For the people who don't want to pay for the track day, they could hang out in the paddock talking to other members. That might sound boring, but if we get enough people to meet up, this will be a blast sitting around in the pits, getting to know everyone, while watching people on the track (ESPECIALLY at a place like Laguna Seca or any other tracks)

Day 2, group ride. All of us, on our bikes for the group ride. We could ride all day and do anything that specific area has to offer. (like going to the Monterey Beach, Aquarium, Downtown Monterey, San Francisco, Red Wood Forest, etc.........if we go to Laguna Seca.)

Day 3 (if the meet lasts that long) continued group rides/attractions.

The meet would most likely have to happen end of April, early May. (before it gets too hot)........and allows us to save up money and take time off of work.

If we get enough members to go, we could get a discount on the track days and hotel too.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 AM

deals gap = recipe for disaster! i reccomend pocano, or watkins glen just to meet.. riding after meeting/barbeque.. ect.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

deals gap = recipe for disaster! i reccomend pocano, or watkins glen just to meet.. riding after meeting/barbeque.. ect.
Hows Deals Gap a recipe for disaster? You saying you cant ride under 45mph? lol

And I live in GA so ponoco n Watkins Glen is out for me.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Registered Users

alright i will chime in....downtown chicago representing....i am down for just about anything within 5-8 hours of riding...only reason i say this is anything longer is going to require a longer time commitment...meaning....5-8 hours is one day of riding to get somewhere and get settled in...then probably at least 2 days for the "meet" and then at least another day to go home...so at minimum, right now...that's 4 days....being that i have a wife and job....4-5 days is probably the max i could swing come early next year sometime....

i think the best idea might be to either start a thread...or just edit the first post (someone would have to be responsible...cough..cough...jaynd ) and tally up where people are from...so we can get a picture of how many people are where....it's too hard to try and keep locations straight...i mean i don't know how many actual east coasters vs. west coasters vs. central guys there are...

really...the places should be dependent on how many people are going...if there are 5 Illinois guys...but 30 north carolina guys....and only 6 NY guys....obviously that is going to factor into where we meet....i don't know..i think we just need to start a geographic mapping of whose where....

actually...got an idea....be right back...

Old 12-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered Users

hey i started a thread for a map to put down your location..figure it might help in figuring some of this out...

https://cbrforum.com/m_445478/tm.htm

Old 12-13-2007, 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

For us east coasters.... there's quite a few of the other forums I'm on that have an annual meet at Deals Gap! Seems like an idea place to have it.... reserve a couple cablins at Fontana Village (or somewhere else if you'd like, but Fontana is nice!). Plus then you all can go riding together on some kick *** twisties! Maybe even come over to my house for a big BBQ sometime during the event

This really should be made a sticky so can make plans and arrangements over the winter months, and then come spring we're ready to roll. Maybe a thread for each region, either west, central, and east, or just east and west. 3 regions would probably work better though, and have a meeting spot for each. For an east coast meet Deals Gap would be a damn near perfect central location!

This weekend would have been PERFECT for a big meet! Up in the mountains it was 71 degrees yesterday, and 76 today and sunny. I was out riding AALLLLLLL weekend..... it was FANTASTIC weather!!
I am in with the idea of meeting at Deals Gap in the spring... If i can help facilitate this let me know. I posted up on the map I am in North Atlanta suburbs. It looks and souonds if the East Coast should and will be split into two locations... Pocono and Deals Gap... we could do the gap and also the Cherahola skyway and or part of the Blue Ridge Parkway .. my 2 cents and by the way June is going to bethe best fortiming I think.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:46 AM

I think for us east coasters Bike week Daytona beach??? I live in Niceville Fl in the northwest panhandle area. I would be very willing to rent a truck and haul my bike down there for a weekend durring the event. Anyone else up the the haul. JonBrown You can laod your bike in the back of the truck lso and we can make the trip down there. I think it would be a great location to meet.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:51 AM

ORIGINAL: cbr6oo

I think for us east coasters Bike week Daytona beach??? I live in Niceville Fl in the northwest panhandle area. I would be very willing to rent a truck and haul my bike down there for a weekend durring the event. Anyone else up the the haul. JonBrown You can laod your bike in the back of the truck lso and we can make the trip down there. I think it would be a great location to meet.
who are these people talking like they are speaking for the east group.... florida is not the east! neither is Atlanta! ITS THE SOUTH so sure deals gap is great from you.. its like 3hrs.. butus in theeast!(NY) need a place within 12hrs from here.. deals gap is way too far.. its 13.5 hrs.. each way...

i think we need a forum geography lesson before we start sending our members aimlessly riding in unknown directions! sheeesh

Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 AM

if im taking a 12hr road trip its going to be next fall when i ride out to Indy for the GP

Quick Reply: cbrforum gathering.....