Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

CBR600 switch gear ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:02 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default CBR600 switch gear ...

I am often asked about the switches on my bike .. so here they are in detail ..lol

I think the main thing from what I gather is I have the extra light switch for my side and headlights??

On this first image you can see my indicator left and right and "push to cancel" switch ... on top is the low beam and main beam switch and just over the other side is the pass to flash switch ...

This image shows my actual lights on/off switch ..first position is side lights only .. next position is full headlights ...

Old 06-25-2008, 03:23 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CBR600 switch gear ...

That's funny. In what instance would you only run your parking (or side) lights?

Old 06-25-2008, 03:30 AM

ORIGINAL: eweppley

That's funny. In what instance would you only run your parking (or side) lights?
You guys are weird ..lol... twilight or dull days is the intention there ... switching to full headlight in the dark .. although I switch my headlights on to ride all the time even in sunny weather ..why?? ..because every car driver is out to kill me ..lol

Our cars are the same too .. are yours?? .. we have side lights and then can switch to main headlights ... if I park my car at night to nip into the shop I tend to just leave the side lights (rear lights and low level front light) on just so it's visible to other road users better ... also it doesn't drain the battery too much ..side lights are really useful things to have ...

Jules

Old 06-25-2008, 03:35 AM
Banned

On our cars, we use our 4-wayblinkers when we just hop out for bit with the engine off.I almost neverjust use the parking lights.

On the bike, we'd be road kill over here in mere minutes if we just rode around with our side lights and not our headlights on. Too many idiots in too many cars with too many distractions. I even keep my high beam on during the daytime so that I'm that much more visable to other drivers.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:45 AM

4 way blinkers?? ..lol .. we just call them "Hazard lights"

I agree though ..lights on at all times .. if I use main beam though I tend to get continually flashed by passing car drivers I have blinded and that gets annoying ..lol

Jules

Old 06-25-2008, 03:59 AM
Banned

Actaully, I forgot to mention that it's law here (at least in PA)to run with your headlight on. Bikes shipped over here are set up so that the headlight automatically comes on when switch the key on. I guess they figure we're to stupid to switch it on manually...lol.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had that law, headlight on, so no switch. Ok so it was repealed several years ago right, & their still sending us bikes that don't have the on/off switch. I guess its maybe because some states still have that law?? I would really like to have the option of turning the buggers off though, as for the safety issue about lights on, sure there is a positive about it "Being Seen", not doubt about it. But when I used to ride to work & always living on the or near the coast meant that I'd be riding most of the time with the Sun behind me & with headlight on it makes you almost invisible. Plus I think it just gets up my nose that some bureaucrat can take away relatively minor "Choice" in the name of safety.