Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Car broken into.. phone/ipod stolen...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:01 AM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car broken into.. phone/ipod stolen...

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

Phones can be trace by PD and other emergency crew cant they? or do they have to call 911 first??i would look into that and then pay him a visit man.
LOL..

Cops arent going to look for my phone unless its killed a pretty white girl..

Ohhhhhhh so true my friend! Sorry to hear about your phone. Remember you still have your phone bill to look at calls... that may help refresh your memory for some of the numbers you didn't know. Also I recommend changing your voicemail to let people know you lost your phone so you need them to leave their name and number in the message so you will be sure to save it and be able to call them back.

If you get a lot of wrong numbers in the next few days after you get your phone back, keep up with the numbers that are calling you, file a police report, and give them the numbers of the people who are calling you. One of them may be stupid enough to call from their actual phone which has their actual name on it. If it goes on for more than a week or two I recommend changing your number. Never ever ever say your real name when they ask who it is and never ever ever make any threats to them. Just say wrong number and hang up. There are people in the world who would rather get rid of risks instead of dealing with them. If they really are wrapped up in deep ****, you do not want to get caught up in it even for a second.

For example, with my job I can tell you exactly what phone a person is using with their phone number. I can also tell you every single other phone number who has used that phone in the past. I can tell you every single phone a number has used. Lots of the times, I'll pull up an account and see they have used dozens and dozens of phones in the last year, and once I do some research all of them were stolen at one point or another. It's always the guy who wants to come in and activate service in their "business" tax ID which is almost 100% fraudulant. They also always wear sunglasses inside and refuse to pay with anything other than cash.

I always file an incident report and let Loss Prevention do their thing. I have helped more than one person get their phone back.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:13 AM

btw schmidt.. that siggy is f-in hilarious.. haha

Old 05-08-2008, 10:22 AM

ugh, my g/f's brother had his car broken into last night - i gave him the car a few months ago so even I feel violated. They walked away with his ipod, but left my infinity kappa tweeters (which are worth way more than the ipod) - I'm going to take my tweeters back this weekend just in case. I left them in the car for him to use until I got a new car worthy of those speakers but I think I should probably grab them now...

i HATE theives with a passion.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 AM

dude thieves f**kin suck!!

rippin' it up saturday will help get those angry feelings out

Old 05-08-2008, 05:49 PM
CBRF 2009 AOTY !!

As far as I'm concerned there's not much lower than a f&*kin theif. I don't bother your s**t so leave mine alone. I have had my car radio stolen b4, but I had 13 bicycles stolen while growing up in Dallas. These lazy pieces of s**t have no respect for anyone so as far as I care they can burn in hell. I think we should adopt the middle east solution. Get caught stealing, lose a hand. Just imagine how many armless, legless dickweeds we would have. That would be great.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:05 PM

If it was by any chance a Nextel/ sprint, you can call the company and run a trace. We use them as locators when i work as a private investigator. stick it in a car, and when it is sitting still they can triangulate from the towers to find it. haha, you should do it on a friday night or something when they might be out at a bar, run the trace, then keep calling your phone from someone elses cell. find the ****er and grab it off his ear when he answers haha

Old 05-08-2008, 07:10 PM

If and when i catch a thief, they get to tell me how a hollow point feels......................that is if they are still alive.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Retired Moderator

I have had three stereos stolen out of my vehicle during my lifetime. Two times at my last residence. The last time, I was going out to my truck at about 6am (I start work early), and the dome light in my wife's car was on so I knew something was up. The kids were behind my truck, and when they saw me, they ran away (one on a bike). I screamed that I had a gun and was going to kill them as I gave chase for as long as my body could, but to no avail (I also wasn't packing). As it turns out, my step daughter knew some bad kids in the neighborhood, and found out who did it. About a week later, the same cop who had taken our statement on the first theft got one of the kids to fess up, and brought our stereo back. We decided not to press charges...long story. You just want to find these f_ckers and kill them. If I would have caught up to one of those kids, I would have been in jail. I remember one member here, can't remember who, caught their thief redhanded, and punched them in the face while getting his **** back. The cops came and busted the guy as a bonus. Who was that...does anyone remember?