Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Can anyone offer legal advise?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:38 PM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I think I am going to keep my money and tip toe around officer ****

Old 10-29-2009, 02:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they may have thought you were a student. If you can get info on where to go and fight it do it. No radar no proof. You said they take your license if you get a ticket? Well he didnt take yours so F-em. Save your money bro.

Personally if i were to get pulled over and you dont have a badge that says CITY, COUNTY, or STATE! Good luck gettin my license. haha

Old 10-29-2009, 02:49 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is what I have to say about your situation. The college has no power to revoke or suspend your license. However, they do have the power to send a collection agency after your bum. I work for a college and they do this sorta crap ALL the damn time.
Where I work, the college has the authorteeeee to go OFF campus and issue parking citations. Here is the scenario... lets say I am visiting a friend who lives 10 blocks within campus, but I haven't paid for a parking for parking ON campus. The university can write MY bum a ticket for $75!!!! If I went into their "court" to contest the ticket, I am guilty because I didn't pay for university parking... even though I am perfectly legal by the law of the city. Because of this sort of crap the university pulls, people refuse to pay all the time. Some time later, they get a "love" letter from a collection agency regarding the citation.
So... if the college is working through a collection agency to collect unpaid traffic and parking citations, you can bet you bum you'll be getting a "love" letter in the mail to pay up. If they do not, then say far away from the college.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the collection agency. Did you sign the ticket?

They may not be able to take any legal action but they can sure as hell mess with your credit score...

Old 10-29-2009, 08:38 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Yeah I was thinking about that on my way to work today. I did not sign anything so really they can't do anything to me I don't think. Plus I was looking on there website and here is what I found:

V. Penalties

Violators will be required to pay the appropriate fine within thirty (30) days after the violation has been issued or adjudicated. The following penalties will be applicable after the aforementioned (30) calendar days have expired.
Student: Grade reports, transcripts, and registration will be withheld from the student.
College Personnel: Amount of unpaid parking/traffic citation fines will be deducted from the individual’s payroll check.

Seeing as I am not a student I don't have to worry about grade reports, transcripts or registration. And as I am not employed by them they can't take it out of my paycheck. So I think I just stay off their campus and I should be a-okay

Old 10-29-2009, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Campus ticket

Its simple really.. ( I use to work on a campus)
Go to the security dept and ask about it. They will ask you to pay it or it may not exist.
The ticket simply goes into a security dept fund basically.
So Mr. Rent a Cop turned it in after his shift and its sitting on a pile of other tickets in a file cabinet.
Your not going to any court.
If you were a student, basically pay it before you graduate or mom or dad are going to get a phone call depending on how important you are..lol

Next time just slow down while driving in the campus zone and you have nothing to worry about.
Ask him for his identification and name if he bothers you again. You are able to report him you know.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM

I can't offer legal advice, but I will offer some common sense advise. Instead of trying to mentally out-litigate them just pay the ticket and move on. It certainly won't go on your driving record, if you pay it you don't risk them turning it into a collection agency, and you don't have to ****ing worry about it anymore. It can't be expensive as there are certainly no court costs so just get on with your life.

Trying to play tough guy like so many of these other suggestions is just a waste of time and makes you look like an *** - send the check, put it in the past, and enjoy your weekend.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:28 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Seaford I kinda agree with you on that point. Its 40 bucks so not the end of the world. But no where does it say who to make the check out to or where to send it in. If the really want people to take these college tickets seriously and pay them they need to put on the ticket pay to the order of....and send to....If they don't do that how do they expect to get their money.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:13 PM

Just make sure it can't end up on your credit report - unfortunately the American lending environment is hung up on this useless figure.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:21 PM

im my area, campus police has the same power as regular police so any ticket you get on campus, it goes thru the town court and processed as a regular ticket