Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

'busas

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'busas

Everyone and their mom has a 'busa, right? So, how many 'busas have you seen on the streets since riding?

In the three months (and several thousand miles) I've been riding, I haven't noticed a single one here in Provo, Utah.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting you said "their moms". I see a lot of women on 'busas here in Philly.

Hyabusas here are the Squid Status Symbol. It's really rare that I see even a semi-geared 'busa rider, wearing their helmet and jeans at least. What I mostly see are sunglasses, hat to the back, shorts, sneakers and 1 or 2 helmets hanging from the helmet locks.

I've only encountered 1 guy wearing gear on one. And I usually see 2-3 of them per good riding day.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:22 PM

theres hundreds at the local bike night. with more chrome than harleys. lowered and stretched until they are dragging on the pavement. i usually vomit on their seats and gauges.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Interesting you said "their moms". I see a lot of women on 'busas here in Philly.

Hyabusas here are the Squid Status Symbol. It's really rare that I see even a semi-geared 'busa rider, wearing their helmet and jeans at least. What I mostly see are sunglasses, hat to the back, shorts, sneakers and 1 or 2 helmets hanging from the helmet locks.

I've only encountered 1 guy wearing gear on one. And I usually see 2-3 of them per good riding day.
No helmet law where you are at?

Old 06-27-2010, 01:05 PM

I see a couple every once an awhile here in Waterloo, IA.. but like stated above they have no gear on!!... But we also don't have a law to wear helmets!!

To me that's just crazy not to wear one really, never know what could happen! Better safe than sorry!! lol

Old 06-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are quite a few around here. I sat on one at the dealership... it was comfy, although I like the older style better. Wouldn't mind having one.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:21 PM
October 2011 ROTM

One was following me on my way home from work on Friday. He did have full gear on so I give him credit for that but those are ugly bikes. Just don't see why anyone would want one.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed on that they are kinda ugly but they're big n comfy.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:26 PM

ugly, ugly? yall are killing me, i may be biased cause i did ride one for quite a few years but to me they are somewhat of the symbol of sportbikes...Doesnt matter how old or young or what your taste in bikes is everyone knows one when its going down the road. They are iconic so to speak. I love my honda dont get me wrong but if the chance comes up to put one in the garage again i wont hesitate...
Actually working on a trade deal for an 06 right now for my prostreet car. Guy has it all built up not stretched not slammed not gawdy paint just a super clean black and kandy apple red bike, dirty low miles one owner bike!

Out here it is rare to see em, most of em are ridden by older "midlife" crisis guys and generally i see em geared up

Old 06-27-2010, 05:21 PM

"Iconic" as they may be, they're still ugly.