CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   'busas (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/busas-112904/)

kowen1208 06-27-2010 11:57 AM

'busas

Everyone and their mom has a 'busa, right? So, how many 'busas have you seen on the streets since riding?

In the three months (and several thousand miles) I've been riding, I haven't noticed a single one here in Provo, Utah.

Kuroshio 06-27-2010 12:03 PM

Interesting you said "their moms". I see a lot of women on 'busas here in Philly.

Hyabusas here are the Squid Status Symbol. It's really rare that I see even a semi-geared 'busa rider, wearing their helmet and jeans at least. What I mostly see are sunglasses, hat to the back, shorts, sneakers and 1 or 2 helmets hanging from the helmet locks.

I've only encountered 1 guy wearing gear on one. And I usually see 2-3 of them per good riding day.

andyriot 06-27-2010 12:22 PM

theres hundreds at the local bike night. with more chrome than harleys. lowered and stretched until they are dragging on the pavement. i usually vomit on their seats and gauges.

bammerman 06-27-2010 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 939802)
Interesting you said "their moms". I see a lot of women on 'busas here in Philly.

Hyabusas here are the Squid Status Symbol. It's really rare that I see even a semi-geared 'busa rider, wearing their helmet and jeans at least. What I mostly see are sunglasses, hat to the back, shorts, sneakers and 1 or 2 helmets hanging from the helmet locks.

I've only encountered 1 guy wearing gear on one. And I usually see 2-3 of them per good riding day.

No helmet law where you are at?

mtemple07 06-27-2010 01:05 PM

I see a couple every once an awhile here in Waterloo, IA.. but like stated above they have no gear on!!... But we also don't have a law to wear helmets!!

To me that's just crazy not to wear one really, never know what could happen! Better safe than sorry!! lol

meggers 06-27-2010 01:33 PM

There are quite a few around here. I sat on one at the dealership... it was comfy, although I like the older style better. Wouldn't mind having one.

R Dub 06-27-2010 02:21 PM

One was following me on my way home from work on Friday. He did have full gear on so I give him credit for that but those are ugly bikes. Just don't see why anyone would want one.

meggers 06-27-2010 04:17 PM

Agreed on that they are kinda ugly but they're big n comfy.

Rs2nV 06-27-2010 04:26 PM

ugly, ugly? yall are killing me, i may be biased cause i did ride one for quite a few years but to me they are somewhat of the symbol of sportbikes...Doesnt matter how old or young or what your taste in bikes is everyone knows one when its going down the road. They are iconic so to speak. I love my honda dont get me wrong but if the chance comes up to put one in the garage again i wont hesitate...
Actually working on a trade deal for an 06 right now for my prostreet car. Guy has it all built up not stretched not slammed not gawdy paint just a super clean black and kandy apple red bike, dirty low miles one owner bike!

Out here it is rare to see em, most of em are ridden by older "midlife" crisis guys and generally i see em geared up

kowen1208 06-27-2010 05:21 PM

"Iconic" as they may be, they're still ugly.