Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

broke the rules, drinking and on the bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broke the rules, drinking and on the bike

Had you going, the only reason I had a drink and was on the bike is the because the damn thing died. My fuel pump (replaced this last winter) decided to take a crap again and dump all the fuel into the carbs. What pissed me off was because I hadnt riden her in a week I gave her a complete look over, including taking off the left rear panel and check the water level. I know most people check the oil level, but I checked the chain, antifreze, brake fluid, all bolts, etc. I maybe made it six blocks and going around a corner I gave her a little gas the the rear tire spun (its an 87 so it was extremely surprising). I had it happen a while back so I figured oh shizznits... I parked into a lot, walked into the bar/resteraunt, ordered a rum and coke with just the coke for coloring, made a phone call to my step-dad to go grab the trailer and pick me up. So hour later, and two stiff drinks and discussing how bad harley's suck with two generic drunk guys who had probably been there since 7 AM drinking miller lights and stuffing $20 bills into the school education funds (read video lottery machines). One of the old guys looked at my new lid and said it looked nice, I was in such a joyous mood I said looks great on the bar too doesnt it? My ride showed up, I hopped on and pushed her up the ramp.

So needless to say I wont be riding tomorrow or for the rest of the week. Good news is the dealership just said my black/silver RR will be in next week.

Frustratingly - telly

Old 06-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Default RE: broke the rules, drinking and on the bike

Ah that sucks man, i can't stand not being able to ride for a day or two and my bike is having problems too. Sucks.

Your getting a new RR though ? That's more then awesome...

I went to a bike show today, it was 95% Harley's and they were all drinking beers. Probably not a good idea.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

wait i thought your wife said you had to sell the cane before you could get the RR or is that color just coming in or did you order it ?

Old 06-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Retired Moderator

Sorry, Telly. Are you getting the beautiful RR?

Old 06-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn telly that sucks! on the plus side, at least the RR will be arriving soon!

Old 06-10-2007, 12:36 AM

she said I can buy it

I do have to sell the 'cane though unless someone wants to donate to me $1500

Old 06-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

so do you get the RR and still just have to "try" and sell the cane .. that would be awsome

Old 06-10-2007, 04:44 AM

a few months after i got my bike, i was going through the mall parking lot to get to best buy, its concrete and apparently i gave it a little too much gas coming out of the corner and she wipped, i let it off and recovered it, but that was the one and only warning i needed.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:28 AM

OMG DRINKING AND DRIVING IM TURNING YOU IN<!<!< I DIDNT EVEN READ YOUR POST AHASDHKSAKDH

Old 06-11-2007, 01:11 PM

who cares about the rest of the posts...they all OT anyway...

a long time ago...i had 1 hef at happy hour before riding sidestreets home about 1/2 mile away.

just 1 hef...and after 1 hour...riding, shifting was fine...cornering was jacked...and i thank God i didn't wipe. couldn't make a decent right turn...was all fast...drifted wide and way too much lean...

ever since then...i don't touch the juice when i ride my bike...only starbucks for me!

congrats on the new RR!

to jack this thread even more...

wife gave ok for a yamaha FZ-1 for father's day! but i gotta make the payments...even though it will be from a guy who works for yam corporate...and wayyyy cheaper...still will be about 150/month plus insurance...so i say...just give me the Wii!

muahhhahah