Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Billion to one shot.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread...come back to life....Ok I got hit in the eye (visor up) by a june bug....I was hating life and have to pull over using 1 eye hahaha...

Old 08-22-2011, 09:00 PM

I got hit the other day going 60ish down a road between two cornfields. some big bug, or bird or bat or something came flying out of the cornfield and nailed me just to the right of my right eye. thank god I had my fullface with visor down, because it hit hard enough to rock me back and left a nice big greasy smear on the visor.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:40 AM

Took a moth about the size of my hand to the face(visor down) doing 50 the other night. Scared the hell outta me

And a couple days ago on my way home from my girlfriends house in the morning to get ready before work in the neighborhood a bee hit me in the neck and then stung me. Got home dropped my book bag in the floor and sat my helmet down and i could hear this buzzing sound. started to bend down to see if there was something buzzing around on the floor and i couldn't find it, walked to the other side of the room and it sounded the same... Thats when i realized the sound was coming from my shirt and i ran out the door and pulled it off and threw it on the ground and a bee came out of the collar and flew off. Thank god for desensizitation therapy to get rid of my bee allergy or i would have been dead about the time i made it into the driveway

Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 PM

Dang! Y'all have hit some gnarly critters for sure. I haven't hit anything bigger than about my palm (knock on wood). Although, by far, the worst thing that's ever hit me (or did I hit it?) was a rock about the size of a golf ball. I was on the freeway going home from work at about 75. The freeway in that section is concrete so it's that light gray color. This is also a three lane section. I'm in the fast lane, the freeway is going uphill and turning slightly left (Live in Reno, NV... lots of mountains around here so the freeways aren't just flat and straight hahaha), and there is a big semi tractor-trailer in the slow lane. All of a sudden I barely catch a glipse of something bouncing on the freeway towards me (it was about the same color as the road surface - looked similar to a football bouncing - very irratic). Next thing I know this thing bounces right off my right thigh, off my right bicep, UP INTO MY HELMET (barely missing my chin), and comes to a rest on the INSIDE of my visor on the little "lip" of helmet (visor closed). I go all crosseyed for a few seconds trying to focus on what the hell just landed in my helmet, and despite the pain on my thigh and arm, I couldn't help but laugh . I was only a couple miles from my place so I get all the way home, take off my helmet, tilt it a little and explain the story to my room mates as this golf ball sized rock falls out. LOL so I guess that makes that rock the luke skywalker of rocks?

Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread! Good reminder of what Helmets, visors, jackets.....are for, even when things are going right. I like low speed visor open, but this has made me think seriously about that habit.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:58 AM

Thrasher took a money shot