Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bike + cop car =..................

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bike + cop car =..................

I do wonder what the initial traffic stop warranted. Yes running was dumb, we won't argue that, but at the same time, colliding with a biker to stop him after fleeing from an unknown traffic stop, come on. There is no way the biker took off too fast, he was still behind the other car when the cop lit him up, then he took off.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

The thing that bothers me most is that the officer was trying to pull him over to begin with for running a red-light that he obviously didn't run. I like to feel safe and secure that the officers in our community are doing their job to protect us, not to pull someone over for no obvious reason.

This doesn't excuse the rider's actions.
I think they were trying to imply he ran the red light in the intersection the collision occurred; not the one at the beginning, because he obviously didn't run that one.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the first cop who inititated(sp) the chase walk up and start MOVING the rider's head!!!!?

Old 12-09-2007, 11:18 AM

not to mention the cop playing with his head and helmet while hes laying motionless on the groung..

PS they were saying that he ran a red light into the cop car not why they were pulling him over.. either way.. stupid militant texas cops..

Old 12-09-2007, 11:25 AM

I was actually appalled when it appeared as the cop was using the helmet to support his weight; I wasn't sure if he removed the riders helmet or not. Look at his arm when hes on the radio. I also think that may be the passenger, they said in the article he approached her first after yelling, "what is wrong with you" or something to that extent.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Banned

ya true running with passenger was dumb as it gets but so was pulling out in front of the bike that is going that fast to stop the chase

Old 12-09-2007, 12:35 PM

It's one thing to run from the cops. Especially on fairly empty straight roads like that. But if you have a passenger be a F'n man and pull over or let the person off and do your running thing by yourself.

Thankfully in my county we have a "No-Chase" policy. Where the only reason a cop can get into a chase(Wether highspeed or low speed) with anything is if you have a warrant for your arrest for violent crimes such as Rape, Robbery, Murder, Assault, etc. Not for running a red light and taking off.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:38 PM

Simple answer: The use of deadly force is not justified underTexas lawto stop a traffic violator. Officer was wrong. If it was OK, he wouldn't have been suspended for 60 days; wouldn't be surprised if additional charges/lawsuits come about.

Old 12-09-2007, 01:59 PM

whats the top speed on an old crown vic ?

That bike smoked him at the start even with the passenger lol !

Old 12-09-2007, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: bobjoezx

= CRAP that's what i think.. he never ran the red light.. i think the biker didn't know there was a cop behind him and he was taking off to fast and then the cop was goin to pull him over for speeding but he continued on.. after that he ran some stop signs but i thought the same thing if he would have planned a turn turned off the blinker and took a side street but at the same time he did have a passenger so more time to brake.. harder to turn and residental area 90' degree turns so would have had to come to a very slow speed to make a successful turn and hard to see how far back the cop car was or if he would have seen him but the second cop no doubt in my mind saw the opportunity to stop the chase but turning out in front of the bike and that's what he did. **** that cop

The red light was supposely before where the vid starts and their is no camera activity at the time.