Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ben Spies is at it again.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ben Spies is at it again.

I know he's not a Honda rider, but still one of my favorite riders. Now that he is in World Superbike, a ton of people were saying he would get his azz handed to him. For me, I knew he would do well.

How well? After 4 races so far this season, he has won the last 3. And if anyone follows WSB, you know that they battle to the end of the races. Ben has consistently pulled a healthy gap and takes it easy the rest of the race. Its not as big a lead as he would have in AMA, but its still a good lead.

they are still talking about him going to MotoGP in a year or two... that would be sweet.

Old 03-14-2009, 11:57 PM

Superpole, new lap record, fastest lap, both race wins...total domination. Actually I hope he stays in SBK, the racing is much better and the grid has twice as many riders. IDK, Spies and Rossi together would be good for MGP, though.

Did you hear the announcer, John Green, "the Ben Bonanza!" lol

Old 03-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never really liked Spies, but you can't deny the kids got talent. I was sure he was going to go into WSBK and hang in with the top dogs, but to have the dream start he has had, I don't think anyone was prepared for that. Good for him. I think GP put up their snooty Euro nose and thought that they had enough US riders and don't need another. I think they are scared of another US rider coming in and giving Rossi a run for his money. I can guarantee that Suzuki is kicking themselves in the a$$ for not signing him.
I think he'll give WSBK a couple of good years and at least one title before moving to GP.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:04 AM

Same here...not a big fan of spies either but damn he can ride!!!! to be able to take a brand new bike and win 3 out of his first 4 races is pretty amazing. It just shows how talented the kid is.....in my opinion I think he's gonna dominate wsbk