Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Its official. Ben Spies to ride Yamaha

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its official. Ben Spies to ride Yamaha

It was announced officailly Oct 1st that Ben Spies will be riding Yamaha for World Superbike. The understanding is that he will be a Qualifier for future MotoGP ride for Yamaha. Ben said he is excited to learn the new tracks and Yamaha made him feel like family.

I was looking forward to watching race MotoGP, that looks to be a few years out. I guess I'll have to start watching SBK now.

I guess all of the crap happening with AMA next year is another reason Ben wanted to leave AMA so bad. There are a lot of riders thinking the same moves as the new owners of AMA have taken over and made some really bad decisions.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Default RE: Its official. Ben Spies to ride Yamaha

man this sucks....what channel is WSB on? i loved watching AMA and MotoGP, never watched WSB before.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:22 AM

You can watch it on Speed. Just be prepared to turn the volume down. Think the anouncers for Motogp are bad.... wait till you watch worldsuperbike.. Holy crap those announcers are annoying. the accents are tollerable, but one of them is so damn excitable, he yells all the time over every little thing.. a normal pass and the guy is almost crapping himself... other than that, its good coverage.. I just dont watch it too often as I dont follow any of the riders.. but I will now.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Retired Moderator

but one of them is so damn excitable, he yells all the time over every little thing.. a normal pass and the guy is almost crapping himself
I LOVE THAT GUY!!! He makes me laugh. Actually I didn't watch any supebike last year. I watched it the previous year when Toseland was kicking so much ***.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:22 PM

you have it all wrong. the wsbk announcers are great and keep u informed of every moment of the race where as the ama announcers cant even pronounce someone's name correctly and are so boring. i usually mute the tv during ama racing.

Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 PM

I agree that the AMA announcers are boring and somewhat uneducated... that is until Freddy Spencer joined. But that dude for worldsuperbike is over the top. I have a friend that can do his voice perfect and while he is impersonating him its funny as hell, but to listen the guy for an entire race is quite annoying to me. I guess my biggest problem with the guy is this scenerio. Every corner when two riders are battling its the same thing. "oh.. look.....look... he's making a move up the inside.....there he goes..... whoa.....whoa..." only to see that it was just the camera angle and the rider is referring to is about 5 bike lengths behing.. But maybe I shouldnt be too harsh on the guy... He obvioulsy loves motorcycles and racing..Either way, I'll have to get use to it as I'll be watching next year.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:36 PM

" Rumor " is that he's being groomed for a ride with Tech3 in 2010. If he can prove himself on the world stage Colin Edwards bike will be his.