Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Battery dead GRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery dead GRRRRR

Sigh, i still could not understand how this happened, unless my room mate was fooling around the bike last night.

I've been having a hard time with a failing relationship, well it finally was done last friday, so i decided to take the bike for a spin to relax, clear my mind, and just enjoy the hot dallas weather. As usual, she helped me feel a little better. Saturday came, and i decided to head over a local bike dealer and order some OEM nuts and bolts for the fairings, in anticipation for the new set of fairings i ordered form our sponsor (motorcyclefairingsRUs) after some time looking over the schematics and ordering what i need, took some old back country routes that i havent been on in a long time, hey i already feel alot better, i knew shes the only lady i need! (the bike, ).

Woke up today and i decided, i should enjoy some more road before the reality of back to work monday hits me, and boom, shes dead. WTF!!!! i just put on a new yuasa on her 2 months ago, the ignition key was in on position and im baffled, how the heck did that happened? i always turn the bike off using the ignition key and then cradle her on her swing arm stand. its lady bad luck is sitting on my lap, its almost like just about anything that would go wrong is going wrong. Any one else having a bad luck? or like if a bad thing happens, is a freaking long string of stuff about to happen? sorry for the rant.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Life comes in little waves, relax, it'll get better.
You've got a lot on your mind. So "oops", Don't dwell on it, it will only eat you up.

On the relationship front...It's hard (I've been there with a 10 year one that failed).
Keep in mind that if it wasn't working out, getting out is a good thing.
Perpetuating misery seldom works. In my case, if I hadn't "been there, done that",
I would have never met my current sweety. We are, in fact, celebrating our
twelth anniversary today. End result for us? WOW, she's the one!

So relax, take some time for yourself, use it to objectively decide what your
good/bad parts are. Be honest, cause it's you, talking to yourself. Start changing the bad points,
keep the good ones. When you're comfortable with yourself, start looking again, but don't be in a hurry.
Try to switch off the libedo, don't let "Mr Pop-up" do your thinking and you'll find the real deal.

I believe everyone has a soul-mate, you just need to spend the time,
before you find him/her, preparing yourself, so you are everything they're looking for, too.
Then it's easy, lol.

Good luck, your happiness will come, Ern

Old 06-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't help on the relationship front as my social life has been like that of a leper living in a monastery for the last few years.

As far as the battery, check your charging system. Get your bike running and just follow the line coming from your stator (should be at the top back of the stator case when you're looking at it) and hook up a volt meter and rev up the bike to 3k rpm or so and see if the voltage ramps. If that's alright, hook up the volt meter to the wire harness coming from your rectifier regulator and do the same as above.

****ty luck sucks. Just do your best to roll with the punches and "When you lose, don't lose the lesson".

Old 06-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys, over the year i learned that the more you think about it the more it will eat you up. its true i'm glad i got out of it, probably glad that its over. Riding my bike has always been my get away, my me time, it clears my mind relaxes me and just puts a smile on me after a ride.

I'ts just so freaking annoying battery died, she let me down lol. Anyway, the battery was down to like .6v or so earlier i hooked it up to my trickle charger and couple of hours later its only up to 6.3v. didn't occur to me earlier to bring it to o'reilly's which is just across the street to see if they save it with their big chargers. I'm going to try that tomorrow.

i'm almost 100% sure now that it was my room mate fooling around, i really couldn't see how i would left it on "ON" since i never use the engine switch and use the ignition to turn it off. im never leaving the key on the bike again.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, the key was left in the bike and in the ON position??? I never, ever leave the key in mine and I keep it in a locked garage with a perimeter sensor alarm on the bike.

I don't know about taking it to O'Reillys and hooking it to a big amp charger. Motorcycle batteries aren't meant for that but I guess if it is either that or a new battery you have nothing to lose.

If it was me I'd keep it on the trickle charger for a day or two and see if it eventually gets back to normal.

Oops...just noticed the date of your last post. Hope it all worked out.