Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Auctmart Fairings? Hmmm.

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Auctmart Fairings? Hmmm.

I know it's Auctmart, but DAMN would this look sweet on my 600RR! I'm actually tempted on bidding on these (since my current left side is a little rashed)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...QQcmdZViewItem

UPDATE 15 Minutes after post: I just started bidding. I have a set limit in my mind of how high I'm willing to go, but if I can get these for cheap, great!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:17 AM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Auctmart Fairings? Hmmm.

are you on esnipe? it's the only way to go if you already have a limit... I use it every time

www.esnipe.com 5 bucks in snipe points has lasted me what seems like forever

Old 10-14-2007, 01:09 PM

They are nice fairings for the most part. I got a set of fairings from another one of the Hong Kong Ebay seller for my F4i. They say their fairings are different when what everybody else sells on Ebay blah blah blah but i'm quite confident they all come from the same place.

The overall construction is not nowhere near as nice a oem. I'm not sure how they make the fairings, but they sure are not injected tho they are plastic. The mounting posts for example are plastic welded to the fairings rather then being injected as one piece. They line up pretty good for the most part. Here are some pros and cons.

PROS:
- Honda "wings" are painted on, not decals like OEM. Big plus IMO.
- All decals and letterings are just individual cut letters, not big printed on decal like OEM. Again big plus.
-All decals are clear coated over, not applied over clear like OEM. Again a plus.
-CHEAP. I got my set of OEM-scheme white/red full fairing set for $430 shipped!
-Nicely packaged for shipping.

CONS:
-Headlight took come convincing to fit due to the mounting points not quite lining up right, but fit none the less w/o any modification in the end.
-The white paint, which was suppose to have blue pearl per OEM "Fadeless White" specs, did not have any pearl to it. I even ask about the seller about it prior to bidding and he said "just like OEM", so he LIED in that respect. But for the price i paid.... oh well.
-The openings on the upper for the intake grillies were cut pretty ugly.....meaning little too big... so there was some space between the fairing and the grillies. Plus the mounting point for the grillies didn't match up at all so i just end up cutting the grillie tabs and siliconing the grillies to the upper.
-The fairing mounting holes were slightly too small to clear the "shoulder" on the OEM bolts. No big deal... just drill out bigger.
-Slight paint oopsies. 1. My set had one clean coat run/drip on the underneath side of the tail fairing.....really no big deal since u can't even see it, but has to be part of the review. 2. The big "F" in "F4i" on one of the lower fairings has a bubble in it....again no big deal....quick poke w/ a needle and bubble was gone. 3. There are a tiny maybe 2mmX2mm (if that) nick in the paint on the lower fairing...not sure if it was done before or after shipping... but again no big deal...quik dab of touch up paint solved it.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Retired Administrator

The fairing looks great.... if the price is right, then I'd deal with the cons myself.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:51 PM

I agree, those would look nice!

Old 10-14-2007, 02:11 PM

Blue Fox you puss. Having your name hidden on the bids. Please, its ebay. I'm gonna out bid you for ****s and giggles.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:26 PM

Except the white on the lowers doesn't seem to match the mids, like pearl white vs. Ross white or something. And none of the 'show bikes' on their page have the mirrors installed---ehh, probably doesn't mean anything, especially if you get them cheap enough. I'm watching the auction in My Summary now, I'd like to see what kind of a deal you get and what feedback you leave for them. It's hard to beat 99.7 out of 1700.