Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008 | 06:54 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Default RE: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

Finally back ...

For those of you that are pissed ... so be it. We never claimed to be able to please everyone all the time. If you have issues I got tissues. The mods came up with this clever little plan and I approved it and will take full responsibility for it. If that troubles anyone then by all means PM me but there will be no more airing it out in the forum. That's what the whole thing was about. If you have any questions go back and read the first post in this thread ... splains it all.

We are not out to quash ideas but we do plan to steer CBRForum towards what it used to be ... and that is more bike related content. The whole 'Its winter and we are bored' thing is crazy ... if you can't ride ya oughta be moddin them bad boys out. Or big ticket maintenance. Just a thought.

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:01 PM

I personally feel this was absolutely necessary. There were quite a number of threads that have gone awry due to inconsiderate individuals. A lot of pain has been felt by quite a few people. Pain that has been very scarring. If you people get your heads out of your a$$es, maybe you will realize that some people actually care about others on here. No matter how fun it may be to put other people down because of your own damn insecurities, that does not mean it does not affect the other person.

Many will claim "this the internet, do not take it so seriously." Well, some do and some come on here for support. From those in accidents, those having relationship issues and those with just general life issues. If it was not taken seriously than we would not have so many people helped others like BlindinOrange, which, attracted a lot of people to this forum.

Keep in mind it is a two way street. Treat people good they feel good. Treat others poorly and they become bitter and spiteful.

There are other people on the other side of the screen folks.

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: woo545

I personally feel this was absolutely necessary. There were quite a number of threads that have gone awry due to inconsiderate individuals. A lot of pain has been felt by quite a few people. Pain that has been very scarring. If you people get your heads out of your a$$es, maybe you will realize that some people actually care about others on here. No matter how fun it may be to put other people down because of your own damn insecurities, that does not mean it does not affect the other person.

Many will claim "this the internet, do not take it so seriously." Well, some do and some come on here for support. From those in accidents, those having relationship issues and those with just general life issues. If it was not taken seriously than we would not have so many people helped others like BlindinOrange, which, attracted a lot of people to this forum.

Keep in mind it is a two way street. Treat people good they feel good. Treat others poorly and they become bitter and spiteful.

There are other people on the other side of the screen folks.
QFTMFT

go wootang!

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:05 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I should not have said what i said and just left with no explanation, for that i apologize. I am not mad about your *prank*. You did what you did and its done. My reasons arent even easy to explain, 1 i just have a lot of personal demons at the moment, but with that i come here, it helps. I know this isnt some psycho help site, but i feel i have friends here, and people i can talk to that i dont have in real life. A couple weeks ago Juliet and i got into a thread, and i guess it was considered a PW thread and it was shut down. Well then Jaynd and i got into again last weekend just chatting, well it seems again it was just considered by some just more PWing and were asked to stop. He and i never really understood what we were doing wrong to be honest. So we chilled for a day or 2 and then the rest of this took off without us. I came back on and tried asking some questions, but because you guys were doing the prank they never got answered. It left us both feeling very alienated (sp), and on top of that we felt like we were the cause of all of it, i mean we started it right. So now my personal life is shot all to hell, and now i had to sit and watch what few friends i have left tear at each other here. You have no idea how very depressing, and how helpless i felt. So i tried to reach out again with a couple of pm*s but no answer. So yes when this came out today, i was sort of relieved, but felt a bit hurt at the same time. If just one person i gave a pm too would have said, Teeks hang on for a day or 2, everything will be cool. But i got nothing. I will just go away for a day or 2 and mellow out. Again i am not mad at anyone, i was just extermely frustrated watching my friends go at it, because of me.

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:09 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

I should not have said what i said and just left with no explanation, for that i apologize. I am not mad about your *prank*. You did what you did and its done. My reasons arent even easy to explain, 1 i just have a lot of personal demons at the moment, but with that i come here, it helps. I know this isnt some psycho help site, but i feel i have friends here, and people i can talk to that i dont have in real life. A couple weeks ago Juliet and i got into a thread, and i guess it was considered a PW thread and it was shut down. Well then Jaynd and i got into again last weekend just chatting, well it seems again it was just considered by some just more PWing and were asked to stop. He and i never really understood what we were doing wrong to be honest. So we chilled for a day or 2 and then the rest of this took off without us. I came back on and tried asking some questions, but because you guys were doing the prank they never got answered. It left us both feeling very alienated (sp), and on top of that we felt like we were the cause of all of it, i mean we started it right. So now my personal life is shot all to hell, and now i had to sit and watch what few friends i have left tear at each other here. You have no idea how very depressing, and how helpless i felt. So i tried to reach out again with a couple of pm*s but no answer. So yes when this came out today, i was sort of relieved, but felt a bit hurt at the same time. If just one person i gave a pm too would have said, Teeks hang on for a day or 2, everything will be cool. But i got nothing. I will just go away for a day or 2 and mellow out. Again i am not mad at anyone, i was just extermely frustrated watching my friends go at it, because of me.
dude if you ever need to talk im always online. my email and aim are listed in my profile. you may not think it based on recent events on here but i can be actually supportive and helpful in these areas . so hit me up if you need it, i know that cant change 2 days ago but my offer now isnt any less sincere.

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:10 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

I should not have said what i said...I was just extermely frustrated watching my friends go at it, because of me.
I can appreciate that. Sending another PM...

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:10 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Not aimed at you TK ... if you were the problem child I woulda taken you behind the barn, spanked ya and gone on about our merry way. We (the staff) have been pulling our hair out the last few months trying to get peeps to cooperate and tone some stuff down. I guess we could just hand out demerits and threaten until peeps really do get banned ... or we could be a bit more creative. We did not do this to be mean or disrespectful or to lie. Hell, took way too much effort. It was because we want this to be a place where everyone would like to hang out ... and hopefully talk about hondas.

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:12 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

And Voodoo ... what ailment did you have ... monkeyflu ?

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:18 PM
|
Retired Moderator

We tried to keep the casualties as minimal as possible. Heck even Classic can attest to that because he was not even part of the original so to lesson the blow we let him in. If we continued to let everyone in it would have lost all meaning and purpose. If you go back and reread the original post you will see we mean every single word of it ... WE CARE ABOUT THIS FORUM AND ITS MEMBERS ... but things were going down hill fast in the past few months. I will take responsibility for the plan and to those it hurt, I apologize for that and for its unintended consequences. But the original intentions of it still stand and have not changed. Some times it takes tough love to make a change and this was nothing more, nothing less.

p.s. TK954, you are one of the many wonderful members here, hopefully you will see what our goal was and even if you dont agree with it all, come to a compromise that good can come from it because if you really really think about it, what you just wrote above about not wanting friends to tear at each other, is the exact purpose of all this.

Old 10-29-2008 | 07:24 PM

Thank you to those who took the time to PM me and apologize. It meant alot. To those who just decided to keep flaming me after i clearly stated my feelings. I will choose to just ignore you in the future. And who i will continue to trust ill keep to myself. Once again, those who did apologize. Thank you.

Quick Reply: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF: