Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone Play The Market At All?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone Play The Market At All?

Just curious to see how many People play the Market. I've been in it for about 2 years now. The most I've made was 1,280 in 1 day. Promtly lost it all the next. Well, I shouldn't say that, it was a slow Death, took about 2 weeks. Kept thinking "No, it'll come back, it'll come back!". That was back in August of 07', when it all started to go South!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I'm a financial adviser that's all i do, only I don't mess with the market. Now my clients get market gains but none of the risk in the market

Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

yeah, i made about $500.00 bucks on wally world back in 08' and i have some ideas for some investments but, you know, it takes money to make money.
I wont give you my personal.
I will tell you that it takes money to make money and its a buyers market.

EDIT: real estate baby!

Old 05-01-2009, 06:27 AM

Lockless, getta say...love the siggie, starting from right to left it's awesome!
Financial Advisor huh, no sh-t. Must have been kinda stressful when all this sh-t started no? How is it your clients are avoiding risk, money markets, CDs? I won't ask too much or I'll have to send you a CC#.
Well, hope things are goin alright for you, you must be pretty busy!

Endless- where's my siggie???
Yeah I played Wally for a little while, but then got bored with it cause it was just goin sideways too much. See I started out buying stocks, then started gambling with Options which at first wasn't bad, the Market was still going up. It was easy to guess at that point. So after Months of going higher and hitting 14,000 on the DOW, I formed that mentality. So when the sh-t started to hit the fan, I didn't adjust till Months later when it was obvious to everyone we were in trouble. I was jumping all over the place at that point and every bubble kept bursting and I'd wait for it to turn back around and none of them did.

But doin alright now, but, I'm waiting for the crash again...I think it's coming!

Old 05-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Originally Posted by dragginazz
Lockless, getta say...love the siggie, starting from right to left it's awesome!
Financial Advisor huh, no sh-t. Must have been kinda stressful when all this sh-t started no? How is it your clients are avoiding risk, money markets, CDs? I won't ask too much or I'll have to send you a CC#.
Well, hope things are goin alright for you, you must be pretty busy!
Because I deal with long term investments on the insurance side of investing, all of the rewards of the market and none of the risk. The crash didn't even effect one of my clients. It's good to have the peace of mind. I guess the only downside you could say is that most of the products are 10 years. But if you are investing short term then you're doing it wrong anyway.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

Your comin up on the list draggin.
I can say for sure that if you have the money you should go and pick up a couple lots in some growing cities. Find an out skirt where one city will eventually merge with another come time the growth reaches that point you will have two different communities vying for the land.. Give it 5-10 years. If we ever do get out of this slump we are going to get out with a vengeance. Seems like if you can spend 100k on a lot then wait ten years you will probably have a mill. Of course, if you have that kind of money to play with it would probably pay off faster with shares. Go with something for sure that will undoubtedly grow ie: Microsoft or the metal industry, certain car manufacturers. Natural resources and technology will always be in demand its just a matter of choosing the best potential.

It kills me because there is sure bets out there but one just has to have the money to wager. I could be a billionaire!!

Old 05-01-2009, 07:16 PM

Well Lockless...no wonder you have the wicked paint job, Good for you! I am investing short term for now. Just waiting for a bubble to emerge and it looks like it will be commodities again to start. I do have a couple stocks I'm in that are doing well so far. And I just saw one this Morning I'm jumping on come Monday AM, "RASER"! They're an Energy Company that recently came up with Drivetrain Technology (Hybrid) that will get 100 miles per gallon in a Hummer H3. They did the "Opening Bell" this Morning and had one outside for show, looks great. Getta do some more Research this weekend but they also do Power Plants, they are Green Green Green and the stock is in the 4 dollar range right now, it's going to take off pretty quickly.
Endless...you should check it out, symbol is RZ. You too RojerL, they're putting up power plants all over, they have 6 (I think) being built right now and they're up and running in 6 to 8 Months.
But yeah Endless I'm looking for some extra money right now cause work is slow.
And I did notice I'm getting closer on the list, that's awesome!