Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Wii would like to play

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wii would like to play

so i went and bought a Wii yesterday. holy **** this is addicting. i am not big into video games really.....last console i had was a PS2 and i just got out of the whole gaming thing. i've played the Wii at friends houses and loved the whole interactive feature so i picked one up. anyone else w/ one, any good interactive games you'd recommend?

Old 09-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wii would like to play

Don't have one, but I've played the Wii sports and had a GREAT time.

I've also had rave reviews on the WiiFit from several friends.

Metroid Corruption sounds very promissing too

Old 09-06-2008, 01:11 PM

i love the tennis. but i had to start playing lefty too haha. i played so much i noticed i was getting more definition in my right shoulder. now i play myself. righty and lefty. definitely makes both side of the brain work hard. you should try it sometime.

also, apparently they are coming out with new sensors soon. supposed to make the movement actually 1 to 1 rather than a rough estimate.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:29 PM
VP

If you like golf, the new tiger woods game is pretty good...there's several difficulty settings so you can play with anyone at any skill level.

also, if you have 4 controllers, get mario party 8... about once a week a couple friends come over and we have a mario party (+beer party to keep things interesting)... it takes about 2 hours and theres a bunch of mini games in between to keep things new

Old 09-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Retired Moderator

A guy I work with asked me if I wanted to joinhis Wii bowling league. He has several couples that are going to lay down some fundage, and play like a real bowling league. It sounded like alot of fun. Get together once a week, bring some food and drinks, and Wii bowl our asses off. I couldn't do it, because my my wife works on the weekends, and thatis when they wanted to do it. When Wii first came out, I thought it was going to be for old men and little girls, but I hear nothing but good about it. I have yet to play...

Old 09-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

voodoo mister doodoo.....

you're more than welcome to come get your *** kicked in some bowling . i've had a few friends over and we've done some bowling tournements and this is so addicting. i still am not much for video gaming but this interactive stuff just makes it more enjoyable.....like you're playing more of a part in the action (well, obviously lol).

voodoo, how far are you from zip 20653, hahahahahahahaha? only a couple days, eh?

Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 AM

Wow... I dislike the wii very much. Sorry to put a damper on the subject or anything.. but with that bowling game if you do the exact same thing consistently you can get strikes for years. I wouldn't suggest the metroid game unless you have played it and enjoy it. The way the game works is completely different than anything you have tried before and quite invasive of the gameplay.. If you don't agree with the controls then the game turns to complete rubbish. Mario party is pretty fun and spore is coming out within the week and that game looks very promising. Can't go wrong with mario kart on the wii either and if you like the mario games mario galaxy is alright (although incredibly easy so don't expect it to keep you busy for very long). I've always thought that the accelerometers in the remotes are a cheap trick that nintendo played all of its fans with. The games run using an accelerometer and nothing else.. you can act as you play or you can just shake the controller wildly and acheive the exact same effect in a lot of situations with that console. I don't understand people throwing out their shoulders and hurling the controllers through walls and tv's when it makes no difference. :/

Old 09-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Super Smash brother is supposed to be good. You can also pick up guitar hero. I liked playing the golf on Wii sports...I think there is a Tiger Woods version.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:07 AM

Golf was ok, bowling is e-z !

+1 to CBRClassic though. I don't buy consoles so i don't get stuck inside forever.

Quick Reply: Wii would like to play