CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Been Out To Play

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Been Out To Play

What a terrific day! The missus was out all day , kids at school 'till three , so went out on the bike to explore some new territory

Found some really nice twisty country lanes with some kick-*** left-handers , practically all traffic free and when you do get behind something slow , there's plenty of places to pass

On the way home we have a really steeeeeeeep hill that everyone struggles to get up , gave the 'old girl' a good hard twist of throttle and she just swallowed the whole line of traffic and I 'wuz gone' leavin' 'em behind gruntin' an strainin' to get to the top

But Holy Mother Of God can she move !

Popped back home to find my 'new' Hein Gericke leathers from e-bay had been dropped off , so of course I had to try them out

Same rout again , with a small variation , still no traffic to speak of , faster now 'cos I'm gettin' to know the lie of the land . To top it all two Harley riders actually give me the 'nod' . Get home almost exactly three 'o' clock , had no idea of the time , no breakfast , no lunch , just one coffee and a **** all day . Where the f*ck did the time go???

Kids back from school now , so play time over still summer seems to be here at last and I'll be needin' new tyres soon at this rate

Old 04-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah, a good day, Hawk - all too rare and precious.
Been there, done that.
It's balm for the soul..................

ROADRUNNER

The light has come, I scan the sky
The weather clear, the tarmac dry
The road has called, and we must go
To places only we will know….

With rush of wind and angry growl
A somewhat predatory howl
The snick of gears, and brutal drive
We face the road, and come alive

A gentle bend, a lengthy sweep
The tyres are good, the grooves are deep,
She flies and sings the siren song
For here is where we both belong.

For on the edge is where we thrive
And here alone we can despise
The mindless moron changing lanes
Who never fell and felt the pain.

The taxis blunder, bringing death
And cars which struggle so for breath
To climb the hills we fly with ease
Where we are free and find release.

They cannot know who do not ride
The overwhelming sense of pride
Which comes to those who live so free
Who love to run, like she and me.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:48 PM

Yeah they're rare days Shadow , but the glow lasts a long time .

My **** eatin' was so wide I thought the top of my head was gonna drop off

Old 04-03-2009, 04:17 AM
October 2009 ROTM

You guys are torturing me! Here it is finally warmer and the roads are gettin dry, but I can't take out the bike for another month:-(
Just had surgery on my lower back, don't know what it's called in english, but one of the discs between the spine parts had punctured and was putting pressure on the nerves down in my left leg, had given me pain in the leg since august last year.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:25 AM

My 'Old Lady' doesn't go to sleep for the winter Steve, couldn't bear it. If I had here all wrapped up for the winter and the sun came out as it sometimes does! I'd just have to get her running again , so no point really.

I always think it's better for the bike to keep her running. Of course if you get realy severe winters like some of the guys in Canada/U.S./Europe then you got no choice.

The leathers are very comfy , they have the Heine Geriike 'Hyprotec' protection system , which allows a lot of movement in the knee and hip area , so I can sit more comfortably on the bike.

It's a bit weired though having been used to thick bulky hard armour , but apparently this rubbery stuff does the job and dissipates impact energy realy well? The jacket has the full armour package shoulders/elbows/back. I'm going to try and find out some more info on the pants though and I might try upgrading it if there is better stuff available.

If anyone out there knows what stuff to get then let me know. I know there's info on the Heine Gerike web site about how good their stuff is, but I think their veiw might not quite be unbiased . After all they are trying to flog the stuff

Old 04-03-2009, 05:05 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Always found Frank Thomas to be good - and they often pop up on e-Bay, Hawk.....

Old 04-03-2009, 07:56 AM
October 2009 ROTM

I'm hoping to be able to ride the bike to the revisit at the hospital in 4-6 weeks.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by mikekop
I'm hoping to be able to ride the bike to the revisit at the hospital in 4-6 weeks.
Hey Mike take it easy mate , you don't want to set yourself back a couple of months!!
I think in English the condition is called a prolapsed disc , quite nasty , so listen to the doctors and your body.

Better to have an extra week out of the saddle than a whole season. You got my sympathy though mate

Quick Reply: Been Out To Play