Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone Else Been Hitting The Gym?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
Funny... you didn't even noticed my typo. I typed "grain" not "gain" Dumb jap
lol idc about people who have typos, or crude english on the net.... i could care less

Do you lift heavy? You aim for weight that you can just make the 10? or going easy?
as for how i lift its always heavy, 1 or 2 muscle groups a work out, and 3 sets of 12 per exercise, depending on if i work out with my wife, or on my own the amount of exercise i do varies

Old 04-25-2011, 01:13 PM

_ I just focus on the muscle/fat combination. I can weight heavier than what I look when I lift
Muscle weighs more than fat, :fact: One girl I use to be with started working out/toning up when we got together and she did a great job but she got mad because she weighed about 3 pounds heavier and I couldn't for the life of me get her to realize that muscle is heavier

Originally Posted by __Z__
as for how i lift its always heavy, 1 or 2 muscle groups a work out, and 3 sets of 12 per exercise, depending on if i work out with my wife, or on my own the amount of exercise i do varies
Make sure you are going between mass/heavy less reps and defanition/light more reps, also every few weeks switch your routine so your muscles don't become used to/immune the routine and just burn out and no longer get stronger.

Last edited by amRRussel; 04-25-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by __Z__
You have a wife? How old are you? No offense but you look like you are 18 max. :P Also to gain size and strength, you should be pushing for 5-7 per set. Also don't limit yourself by "Going to 12" You should be pushing yourself to do as many as you can.

Ex: Seated DB Shoulder press:

Your goal 3x5x45.
If you do 3x9x45 go up in weight.

These are things I learned in the gym, as you can tell by my pics I clearly am no body builder but this seems to be working for me to gain some size.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by cynicalrider
Also don't limit yourself by "Going to 12" You should be pushing yourself to do as many as you can
+1, do as many as you can, I rarely drop below 6 or 7 reps (unless its on accident) and am in no way a small guy, this has worked best for me especially with quads

Old 04-25-2011, 01:29 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Z: as mentioned by others, go for less rep heavy weight. Say if you are doing 8, do the weight that you will fail at 9. And just because you workout with your wife doesn't mean that you guys gotta do same rutine. When I go to gym with my guy friends, we don't take turn and do the same thing. We have our own thing we do.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by amRRussel
Make sure you are going between mass/heavy less reps and defanition/light more reps, also every few weeks switch your routine so your muscles don't become used to/immune the routine and just burn out and no longer get stronger.
i dont do so much a combination of light and heavy, even though i probably should, however we do change our "routine" every week, so we dont get burnt out

You have a wife? How old are you? No offense but you look like you are 18 max. :P Also to gain size and strength, you should be pushing for 5-7 per set. Also don't limit yourself by "Going to 12" You should be pushing yourself to do as many as you can.

Ex: Seated DB Shoulder press:

Your goal 3x5x45.
If you do 3x9x45 go up in weight.

These are things I learned in the gym, as you can tell by my pics I clearly am no body builder but this seems to be working for me to gain some size.
im going to be 22 here in less than a month haha, i have a wife, and a child, as for doing "12" that what i aim for, but i usually only get to 10

Originally Posted by rocketsauce035
+1, do as many as you can, I rarely drop below 6 or 7 reps (unless its on accident) and am in no way a small guy, this has worked best for me especially with quads

Z: as mentioned by others, go for less rep heavy weight. Say if you are doing 8, do the weight that you will fail at 9. And just because you workout with your wife doesn't mean that you guys gotta do same rutine. When I go to gym with my guy friends, we don't take turn and do the same thing. We have our own thing we do.
^^^ as to all three of these, on doing less reps, it just doesnt work for me, the first month and a half a person we knew had us aiming at doing sets with 8 reps (but using enough weight where we couldnt get to 8) i did that for the first month and a half with hardly any gains at all. I think that it all is person specific, things dont work for everyone unfortunately

the last 2.5 months ive been doing lighter (not light weight just lighter than heavy lol) and pushing for 12 reps, usually only accomplishing 10 to 11 max, and every morning i can feel it working, and have had steady gains without manipulation of my diet (so far), it just what works best for me

Old 04-25-2011, 01:57 PM

[quote=__Z__;1044355
im going to be 22 here in less than a month haha, i have a wife, and a child, as for doing "12" that what i aim for, but i usually only get to 10

without manipulation of my diet (so far), it just what works best for me [/quote]

Ah okay so you still are pretty young, and don't worry looking young is not a bad thing. I myself am only 23.

Also for any good lifting program diet plays a huge part of your program. It can make or break your results a lot of the time. Keep the water and protein intake high as well as carbs. Try to keep your fat intake low if possible as well. Chcken and whole grain pasta is your friend.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:16 PM

Ah okay so you still are pretty young, and don't worry looking young is not a bad thing. I myself am only 23.
lol my dad is 41 and looks 20 so im looking foward to being old and looking youthful h aha

Also for any good lifting program diet plays a huge part of your program. It can make or break your results a lot of the time. Keep the water and protein intake high as well as carbs. Try to keep your fat intake low if possible as well. Chcken and whole grain pasta is your friend.
as for a diet, my wife is on one currently, however im not at the point yet where im ready to commit to a full on diet

Old 04-25-2011, 06:42 PM

this has gone from "anyone else been hitting the gym" to "lifting advice for __z__"

Old 04-25-2011, 07:15 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by rocketsauce035
this has gone from "anyone else been hitting the gym" to "lifting advice for __z__"
Nah, He seems to know what works for him. We are just trying to be" helpful" when he actually doesn't need help.

Quick Reply: Anyone Else Been Hitting The Gym?