Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone Been Pulled Over For This??

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Been Pulled Over For This??

We were in Wisconsin Dells on Friday to check out some of the cars, it was the weekend for thier car show, and the 3 of us got pulled over by 1 cop for "disordly conduct with a motor vehicle".

Well heres the whole story--There was a car infront of us that kept on rolling backwards and then burning out to try to impress his girlfriend that was more interested in us than him. But when he was rolling backwards he would almost hit our bikes, within a few inches of running into us then he would dump the clutch and burn out. He did this probably 8 times, then we were sitting at the stoplight and he burned out from there and 2 cop cars pulled out but then one of the guys I was riding with pulled next to the kid in the car and tagged the rev limited next to his window and the cop turned his attention to us and pulled us over instead. While the 1 cop had us pulled over the other one parked infront of us and watched us. He was acting all high and mighty saying that he doesn't mind us coming up there like its a privlage and we had to ask permission or something, but we don't need to be "horsing our bikes" My buddy told him to go back and give the kid a ticket for display of power and almost hitting us with his car, but the cop didn't listen threating to give him a disordly conduct with a motor vehicle ticket. Then he told me my plate was illeagaly mounted (which it is so I really didn't have a problem with that) and the other guy didn't have a plate so he was bitching about that even though he told him he just bought the bike. Well after he talked down to us like we were the scum of the earth for 15 minutes he decided to let us go without anything.

I thought it was stupid and I have never heard of such a thing. Oh well I guess you can't hit the rev limiter on our bikes without a ticket anymore, just curious if anyone has ever heard of such a thing.

-Jesse-

Old 05-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Default RE: Anyone Been Pulled Over For This??

I'm not an anti cop guy, I am in school right now in my direction towards being one. But it just reminds me of the kindergarten days when another kid would throw an eraser then you fire it back and the teacher busts you. And you come back with well he threw it first and they say i didn't see them all i saw was you. Very frustrating so i know what you mean he prolly just ddin't see it happen but when your boy revved his bike it really caught his attention.

They don't want people disrespecting them or testing them when they are right there by doing something like that....Know what i mean? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with what your buddy did just the cop is giving ya'll a friendly reminder that they are "his streets".

Old 05-22-2006, 12:48 AM

it is not the cops streets, I do not mind nice cops, but when they start pushing their wieght around like their gods, is when I start having issues with them. besidesm I had cops raid my house for no reason,, og sorry wronge adderss,, my ***..

Old 05-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just for a hoot sometime look up the codes on the books for your states that involve motor vehicles. Basically, they can give you a ticket for anything at all. As mad as the cops can make you sometimes I am still amazed that they show as much leniency towards us as they do.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Retired Administrator

Cops are our friends... keep telling ourselves this and we might believe it.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see here: three guys on bikes from out of town, a clown burning out, cops pull out, see one of bikers rip up beside the car and make threatening noises. Hmmmm. Curious. I wonder why the bikers were stopped? Might it be that they were observed acting in an agressive manner? Perhaps taunting the driver? Or offering to race? Sounds like they were telling you to behave yourselves. HighRevver has a good point too. You were caught, the other guy wasn't. That stings, but not much you can do about it. Let the incident flow into the past, next time just let the clown get well ahead of you or turn off to get away from him.

Old 05-22-2006, 06:37 PM

FUZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2006, 10:15 PM

I think its funny how everyone has a different reaction. Some saying the cop was right and some on our side. My buddy wasn't offering to race. Whats the point? The kid was driving a stock accord with a bumble bee muffler. And I wasn't bitching about being pulled over, just saying we weren't driving agressively or doing anything else wrong. The cops up there are dicks and I know that so we take it easy when we are there not to get into trouble. I guess that you just had to be there to see how the cop was, I don't have anything against cops that have a reason to pull you over, but in this case we weren't riding agressively, weren't speeding, weren't weaving through traffic, but my buddy did rev his bike next to the car that almost rolled back into us about a dozen times. There is no question that the cop pulled out to pull this kid over but as soon as he heard the bike rev he decided to pull us over instead. You can turn it into anything that you want, but I don't really think there was any reason that he has to act like we can only ride somewhere that is ok with them. I can ride anywhere in this country that I want, thats one of the cool things about living in this country that we can just go anywhere, anytime that we want. He doesn't have to act like that, he could have pulled us over and just told us not to let it happen again and been cool, but he didn't he had to lecture us about how its a privlage to be able to ride there in "his" town. Whatever. I guess if you weren't there you don't really know what I mean. I wasn't starting this thread to get into an anti cop battle, but just curious if anyone has heard of such a thing before.

Don't turn this thing into a war, no one in our group got a ticket so I don't really care. Just take it easy guys

-Jesse-