Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

American Sports

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: American Sports

Who cares about Barry "the creep" Bonds? I hope his HR record does get smitten, it would be like juiced up emmit smith that beat sweet pea in total yards. Does Hammerin Hank deserve to lose his title to that POS juiced up Bonds? Heck no. As for the ridiculous salary....I feel as most do on here, but sad part is that shoes, jerseies, sunglasses, hats, drinks and God knows what else is sold because of em, supply and demand. What pisses me off is that you can't get decent tickets anymore for the average joe and his kids, all of it is rolled up into one big mess and we as a society line up to pay for it. Sad really.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

all of it is rolled up into one big mess and we as a society line up to pay for it.
True. For those who think you're not paying for it because you're not buying tickets or merchandise just take a look at your cable bill. One of the major reasons it has gotten so ridiculously expensive is because of how much sports stations charge cable operators. We're all paying in some fashion.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:57 PM

There is some good point here, But you got to admit that there are alot of sport players that help out society maybe its apublicity stunt but yet they still give money. Yes america does spend more time infront of the tube watch or betting on sports games but for the most part when farther's watch games those who do like to watch sport watch it with there kids for quality time.
Vicks stunt is by far the worst 66 dogs they found at his home im not sure how many of those were dead or alive, the part that get's me the most will be that he will not be convicted for he will most likely be trailed in atlanta and they might stand a chance to win the superbowl so then need a good QB. What a joke.
Just my point of view

Old 07-26-2007, 11:24 PM

Regarding the Vick situation...do you think the Falcons will release him if he's found guilty?

I don't think they would, (unless he was sentenced to a lengthy prison-term of course) but it would be interesting to see how many teams would line up to sign him. Hello Oakland Raiders!

Old 07-26-2007, 11:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

Regarding the Vick situation...do you think the Falcons will release him if he's found guilty?

I don't think they would, (unless he was sentenced to a lengthy prison-term of course) but it would be interesting to see how many teams would line up to sign him. Hello Oakland Raiders!
I think Vick will get suspended as more details come to light and before the year is out. If found guilty, he'll be banned from the league.
(As he should be imo.)

As far as ranting and taking the "I don't have time to worry about trivial matters, I need to save the world...blah blah."

There is always going to be problems, in the U.S., in the world. Whether it's fat 10 yr old kids in America, or sinny starving ones in Africa.

People just need a break from the harsh things of life, that's what sports, riding bikes, any kind of entertainment is about.

Not that what some have said is not true and of course more important than sports itself, the U.S. can't fix the world's problems alone.

Anyway...