Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

American Chopper

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American Chopper

Do you guys watch American Chopper? I love it. I just wonder how you ride those ape hanging suns-a-bitches. Has anyone ridden a chopper, and if you have, what is it like? Seems like it would be hard.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: American Chopper

I've riden them, and didn't like it at all. Different people like different things though and I support their right to choose that style. I have a problem with them making it look cool to ride without a helmet, idiots.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i love that show. i love the look of those custom choppers but i couldnt ride one. they just feel very awkward to me. i dont like the idea of my *** almost hanging off the back and my feet out in front. plus imainge trying to turn one of them sons a bitches , no thanks ill stay with nice comfottable honda

Old 02-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Retired Moderator

I would rather have someone kick me in the satchel than ride with a brain bucket or no helmet at all. I would like to ride one just for kicks. I don't think I could afford a $60k bill if I spilled it, though.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i honestly dont see how anyone can wear those brain buckets. not only ecause they wont protect you worth ****, but also when im riding with my visor up o a full face helmet my eyes start to water up ! they wear those lil skull buckets and sun glasses ... [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 02-09-2007, 12:10 AM
Retired Moderator

When I had my MSF, I had to ride a "traditional" motorcycle, and the upright stance felt uncomfortable. I wanted to have my foot pegs behind me. I felt totally uncomfortable for a while, but I did get used to it.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:35 AM

Have you seen those clowns weld a frame together?
No thank you. Rice burners for me.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Registered Users

I've ridden several of my friends' custom choppers and the only noticeable difference I noted was weight. Very heavy on the turns, and it actually feels nicer sitting back like you're on a couch and having the power drag you along. Couldn't lane split because the things were too wide and bulky, but otherwise I was able to squid it (shorts, Vans, wife beater t-shirt, gloves, and full face helmet) without trouble. Pipes loud as hell and cars actually moved out my way. Go figure. Very smooth ride (they all opted for softtail suspension). Ahh well.....

Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 AM

For you maybe it was nicer sitting back like that but I've owned every style of bike on the planet in way too many years of riding and I'm back on an aggressive sportbike on purpose. I prefer the RR stance. Even the F4i was too upright for me.

Even if I was on a bike like that I would never squid it, ever.

Old 02-09-2007, 01:08 AM

I think it's neat as hell. Works of art. Maybe nice for a cruise on some long stretch in Arizona or something but that would be it I think. Of all the bike builders, I think the late Indian Larry built the best. He often said he built his bikes to be agile, functional in the real world and comfortable, not these stretched out 15ft long boats. His stuff was nice. Not to over the top but every bit true custom.

Quick Reply: American Chopper