Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

almost time to ride

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: almost time to ride

HAVOC, do you have lens filter on the lens? Looks like you have condensation in the lens. Let the sun shine on it for 30 min's or so and it should go away. Common problem.

Old 02-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea its like in the low 40's today so hopefully some of the ice on the roads will melt.....but prolly not it will just freeze all the water again tonight

Old 02-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1st off i'd like to take this time to say (to red600rr)...omfg im so sorry,hahahahahah. that has got to SUUUUUUUUUUCK!

well, i've been out all winter. i take joy rides in the 20's .

it really sucks though, i have 15 people in my phone that i could ride w/ at any given time.....but no matter what temp, im always out solo. i've gotten SO USED to riding by myself. i know one guy w/ a red/black flamed R1 that will go out riding w/ me in just about any weather, he's the main guy i ride w/. but for the most part....i'd say 99% of the time.....SOLO!!!

Old 02-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

Let me post this pic again from two days ago....am I riding anytime soon? You be the judge [sm=smiley5.gif]

Studded tires FTW!!! [sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=trust_me.gif][sm=signs007.gif] LOL Seriously though.... that SUCKS!! I'm from northern Illinois, spent 21 years there... I know how that goes, lol

Anyways, I've been riding everyday, all winter long even when it's cold Just got back a lil while ago from a couple hours of riding today. Did some exploring, found a new route to my work (the way I usually take has ALOT of accidents on it... very dangerous road). It's a little farther, but no highways, all rural and nice curvy backroads. A little bit longer, but oh well. Went to Cycle Gear to get oil and coolant for next weekends major surgery. 65 degrees and sunny... EVERYBODY was out today!!

Old 02-09-2008, 05:05 PM

i just got home around 5pm...i've been out riding since 10am. dropped my solo cowl off to be painted, and hopefully i get to pick it back up on monday.

Jared, be safe w/ your new journey to work. idk how deer are there, but YOU PICK the side/back road here in MD, and you'll see a deer standing on the white line ready to go accross the road. i literally....no bullsh*t see deer EVERY morning i leave my road for work. i usually know just where they hide and where they tend to feed and cross the road.

just be safe Jared, a road w/ fewer automobile accidents, and less traffic may put you at higher risk to see bambi on your way in to work. keep an eye out.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: jaynd

i just got home around 5pm...i've been out riding since 10am. dropped my solo cowl off to be painted, and hopefully i get to pick it back up on monday.

Jared, be safe w/ your new journey to work. idk how deer are there, but YOU PICK the side/back road here in MD, and you'll see a deer standing on the white line ready to go accross the road. i literally....no bullsh*t see deer EVERY morning i leave my road for work. i usually know just where they hide and where they tend to feed and cross the road.

just be safe Jared, a road w/ fewer automobile accidents, and less traffic may put you at higher risk to see bambi on your way in to work. keep an eye out.
Thanks J... Yea I'll definitely be on the lookout for Bambi. I've seen a few around here but not too many. There's not a whole lot of wooded areas on the new route, where I know they like to hide in, but still they can be anywhere. It's more open fields, horses, and cattle than anything else. I'll always keep an eye open though. BTW the road I usually take (the one with all the accidents)... yea there was another one on there today, a corolla got rear ended HARD. Also an accident yesterday too on my way to work. Almost everyday I see one on there at one of the 6 stoplights (it's a 65mph 4 lane with stoplights... bad combo)... time to get off that road before I get creamed [&:] This new route is much more scenic! And hopefully no Bambi

Since we're on the subject of Bambi... something kinda similar. The road I live on is a semi-rural road, with some nice curves. Almost every single morning as I'm heading to work, I come around this left hand curve, and whoever lives in the house on the left side of the road has a big German Shepard dog, and nearly every single morning he runs out in the road after me. Never goes after any cars, ONLY me! Usually it's dark when I leave in the AM, so alot of times I can't see him coming and then BAM there he is in the road barking at me. Scares the CRAP outta me! The other day it was a little lighter out and I could see around more, and I was behind a row of cars. I could see a little ways ahead and saw him rummaging around in the grass on the opposite side of the road. Whole row of cars went by him and he didn't even look up, then soon as he heard me he looked up right at me and then just took off towards me... WTF?? There's a couple houses there and I haven't been able to figure out which house he's coming from since it's dark when I go by there. When I figure out which one it is I'll probably stop in there and tell the owner about it, just to make them aware of it and 'hopefully' they'll do something about it. Otherwise that dog is gonna get hit one of these days, either by me or a car. He almost got hit today, I went by there and he started to run out, saw him in the middle of the road in my mirror after I went by, but there was an Expedition going the other way that had to hit his brakes. If he gets close enough I'll stick my foot out and kick him. I really hate to do that cuz I LOVE dogs and would be heartbroken to hurt one like that.... but if he's putting my life in danger, gotta do what ya gotta do

Old 02-09-2008, 05:40 PM

Jared, for your safety (and the dog's) it wouldnt hurt one day when you have nothing to do, to go to that row of houses and find out who exactly owns him. sounds like he gets closer and closer to ya. i'd waste a little time finding the correct house, and have a safer ride out of your road, lol.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: jaynd

Jared, for your safety (and the dog's) it wouldnt hurt one day when you have nothing to do, to go to that row of houses and find out who exactly owns him. sounds like he gets closer and closer to ya. i'd waste a little time finding the correct house, and have a safer ride out of your road, lol.
Yea you're right... I might head over there tomorrow and try and find the house. I think there's only 3 houses on that curve so it shouldn't be all too hard. It wouldn't be so bad if it was a low speed road, but me and the rest of the traffic are usually moving along at 55-60 mph. Definitely wouldn't want to hit a full size German Shepard at that speed! I hit a dead animal of some sort back in '05 (on the bike) up near Tallahassee, FL, it was about the same size as this German Shepard. I hit him dead center at about 70 mph, and the whole front of the bike bounced up off the ground. This was on a rural road at night.. PITCH BLACK out... talk about an eye opener! My buddy was behind me on his F3 and he said it was disgusting... it just kinda exploded whatever it was, lol [:-]

Old 02-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in my cycling days we would just spray the dogs with water
from our bottles. It was wild how that scares the crap out of dogs.
You might be the only exercise the dog gets. Slow down & see how
long he keeps up with you. German Shepperds love attention.