Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Almost got killed yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 06:41 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost got killed yesterday

If I was on my bike, I am dead right now. If I am an old lady who can't drive, I will also be dead. Yesterday I was driving a car on the freeway. It didn't have too may cars and I was driving like 70, maybe. everything was clear so I was going to change lane to left, and all of the sudden, this car, I think was Mustang, showed up from no where (meaning he was already speeding before I could see him) and I could see he was probably going like 100 and if I didn't get out of his way, he will hit me so I turned my wheel to right, and at the same time, he tried to avoid me and move to left lane to him, speeding up more as he passed me. At that point, my jerky right swerve seemed too right so I had to turn the wheel left then that was too much so I had to turn to right again, almost spinning the car into the concrete wall.

I caught up to him on other parts of the freeway, and he was driving slow and following a slow car like he did not speed at all. This guy could kill someone and he will act like he never caused the incident. That pisses me off

Also, this brought up a good example in me of how I might appear in cars' view when I am riding like 90 to 100. We just show up within one second. Car that looked like he was going to stay in the lane could decide to change lane into where you are. I am sure I didn't look like I was going to change lane when he saw me from far away.

Sooo I am going to be more modest about speeding, although it gives me the rush. I still want to live

Last edited by yumoncbr; 05-08-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 PM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your fine. And yep a bike is really hard to spot in your side view mirror, even harder to judge the speed. Whats worse is on those hot roads like what you have in HI, the heat haze can make you nearly invisible if there is even a slight hill in the road.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The heat haze is a great point. A buddy of mine followed me home after I bought a bike down in Florida and he said if he got back far enough he couldnt even make me out.