Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

70 degrees and sunny.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 05:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man its supposed to be 60-70 all week here. Ive already ridden the past 3 days.

Old 02-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my wheels back on my way home from work yesterday. The wife was taking a nap when I got home, so I figured I had 30 mins to put everything back together.

then I noticed a small wet puddle under the front end, directly under the left fork leg.

bah - when I rebuilt my forks a few months back, I didn't replace the crush washers for the bolts that go in from the bottom of each leg. I just reused what was on the fork.

Stupid rookie move. Now I'm gonna have to pull both legs out of the triple so I can replace the washers without puking all the oil out. At least I already have most of it disassembled since you have to take the calipers off to pull the front wheel.

glad I talked myself into getting a triple-tree stand instead of fork lift. It's already paid for itself in ease of maintenance.

Old 02-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
I've got the typical quiver - I've got a Turner Flux full-squish as my primary trail bike, and currently have a VooDoo 29er singlespeed - plan on replacing that frame in a couple of weeks with a Salsa El Mariachi. I've got a relatively budget-built Sette road frame built up with Ultegra for training and group rides.

I really want to move to a 29er full suspension, but that cash isn't in the cards right now.

Nice! I wanted to get a SS mountain bike, but money has been tight lately and haven't been able to. I have not ridden a 29er yet, how does it feel? From what I have heard it is a world of difference. And I have also been curious about full suspension. Personally I like a rigid fork hardtail the most. Full suspension did not really feel that good to me. But maybe the trails I ride are too well groomed and not true MTB trails.

And I guess I do have a secret stash of SRAM parts waiting for the right frame to come along on ebay...