Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

To the men and women who have worked/served overseas. I have some questions!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To the men and women who have worked/served overseas. I have some questions!

I'm thinking about working over seas for a year or a few. I need some advice. Anything and everything you got for me would be great. Much appreciated in advance.

Thanks for your services!

Old 12-04-2010, 06:42 PM

the biggest thing is to learn the language, obviously. Second that I would recommend would be to learn the cultures. There is a lot of things they do differently sometimes and can be offended fairly easily if you "insult" their culture.

Where are you thinking about going?

Old 12-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Wherever the money is at. Lol. Thinking probably iraq or afghanistan? Open to everything at this point though.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:25 PM

nobody?

Old 12-05-2010, 01:35 PM

As a civilian contractor? Doing anything specific? You can certainly make some bucks, as the first 92? or 89 or 90something in any given fiscal year is untaxable.

I wouldn't do it. but not the most terrible idea ever.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:41 PM

Yes, No and I know. Lol.
I'm not closed to other fields but if I can stick to my field that would be grand.

Does anyone know if Civilians can carry concieled weapons on those types of areas?

Old 12-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
Yes, No and I know. Lol.
I'm not closed to other fields but if I can stick to my field that would be grand.

Does anyone know if Civilians can carry concieled weapons on those types of areas?
No... no.civilian contractor iever worked with was allowed to concealed carry any weapon and few get issued them if you want pm me and ill give you.my number and you can.call me and ill give you the low down

Old 12-05-2010, 11:49 PM

PM sent.

I submitted my resume and a few applications with some differant companies today. I'll keep everyone posted in this thread.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:50 AM

Ill only slightly speak on the overseas job. Civilian contractors will say that our ways of living over there are better because of them, bullsh!t......There are people with mos that can do the exact same job for a whole lot less. Civilian contractors are overpaid first of, We ("Green suiters") can do a better job.....ill stop there cause i can go on and on......You dont need to learn the language nor the culture, youll never see a combat mission besides flying to your fob and out. You might work with local nationals but there is still no need to learn it cuz most of em understand u......Do i agree with civilian contractors who continue to put our government in further debt? no. Will i tell you to not go? no.......

Old 12-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
Ill only slightly speak on the overseas job. Civilian contractors will say that our ways of living over there are better because of them, bullsh!t......There are people with mos that can do the exact same job for a whole lot less. Civilian contractors are overpaid first of, We ("Green suiters") can do a better job.....ill stop there cause i can go on and on......You dont need to learn the language nor the culture, youll never see a combat mission besides flying to your fob and out. You might work with local nationals but there is still no need to learn it cuz most of em understand u......Do i agree with civilian contractors who continue to put our government in further debt? no. Will i tell you to not go? no.......
Said perfectly

Quick Reply: To the men and women who have worked/served overseas. I have some questions!