New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Total noob

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Total noob

Hey Everybody,

I'm new to the site and new to the bike community.

I've been looking into bikes for about a year now. I was supposed to get one last summer but I ended up replacing the transmission in my car instead.

I picked up my first bike this weekend, a '94 CBR 600 F2. It's definitely been used as a learner bike and has gone through the stages a few times but I love it

It has 84k (kms) on it and I paid 1500$ for it.

I'm aware that this thread is useless without pics, so here you go:

I'm looking forward to learing alot more from you guys and I'm REALLY looking forward to some great rides on my bike.

To give you guys a little additional info about me, I recently graduated from Mechanical Engineernig and I work for the Federal Government doing confirmatory emissions testing for new cars. Basically my office is a corner cubicle and a 100 car garage (muahahah...sorry)

I'm definitely a gear head too. I'm a manager and moderator for the Ottawa Mazda Club (www.ottawamazda.ca) and co-owner / founder of Eurotrash Motorsports (www.bdubracing.com). As a member of Eurotrash, I co-pilot an E36 325i that my friend and I are building.

Other than that, I like to play volleyball and surf in the summer and I ski in the winter.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you !

Cheers,
Jeff

Last edited by Jeff600F2; 06-29-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:19 PM
July 2008 ROTM

That thing is super clean for that many kms! Very nice, welcome.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:14 PM

Thanks guy!

I'll definitely read through those links.

I also forgot to mention in my intro that the bike came with a Yoshimura pipe that sounds awesome.

I'm going to need a new rear tire to pass safety and I'd like to get a new windshield as the one that's currently on the bike has a big rock chip in it.

If you guys have any suggestions for online parts suppliers that have decent prices, please let me know. The local shop here quoted me 100$ and a couple of weeks delay for the order.

Thanks!

Last edited by Jeff600F2; 06-29-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome , Very nice bike. I also have an F2 and I love it. Turns heads everywhere.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:58 AM

Firstly motorcycle-superstore.com rocks!! I picked up my new tires, windshield, and bar ends last week.

I installed all of them this weekend

The tires are Battlax BT016 R's

Now I just need a new seat and I'll be happy!!

Last edited by Jeff600F2; 08-27-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:37 PM

Congrats and welcome!!
Please make sure to pick up some proper gear if you have not already, also think about taking a safety course.

Don't be a tool and ride without a helmet.

Adam

Old 08-27-2009, 01:00 PM

Adam,

I am a strong advocate of the "all gear - all the time" moto.

I already have all my gear. The only thing I'm missing is a pair of pants. I'm looking at a pair of Joe Rocket Alter Ego pants or a comparable pair that are 100% waterproof and don't require a water liner.

As for the safety course, I am currently taking a "Gearing Up" course offered by the Ottawa Safety Council (a chapter of the Canadian Safety Council). I had my in-class session last night and my on-road sessions are this weekend.

I'm not an idiot - riding a motorcycle is fun, but it's dangerous too. I want to feel confident in my abilities and be able to react in any situation.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:17 PM

Jeff,

Sounds like you're doing things the right way. Welcome to CBR world. Motorcycle Superstore has unreal deals on great stuff. A word to the wise concerning pants, it may be a pain depending on your local stores but try to get a place where you can try on any pair of pants you'll be buying. I made the mistake of trying to order a pair and had to do the return thing through the mail which is a huge pain. In the end it's worth the extra time and shopping to find a pair that's comfortable enough to wear. Plus, it's never a bad time spending awhile in a local shop. Congrats on your super sharp F2!

Old 08-27-2009, 01:29 PM

Thanks for the advice.

I've already tried on the Alter Ego's and I know which size I need. My friend's uncle owns a shop in Quebec and I ordered most of my gear through him but apparently the pants are discontinued, and as a result, I'm fishing around online and at the locals shops to find a pair/size that fit.

Any suggestions for a decent pair of textile pants that are waterproof and don't cost 1/3 of my bike? :P lol

Originally Posted by mr_santini
Jeff,

Sounds like you're doing things the right way. Welcome to CBR world. Motorcycle Superstore has unreal deals on great stuff. A word to the wise concerning pants, it may be a pain depending on your local stores but try to get a place where you can try on any pair of pants you'll be buying. I made the mistake of trying to order a pair and had to do the return thing through the mail which is a huge pain. In the end it's worth the extra time and shopping to find a pair that's comfortable enough to wear. Plus, it's never a bad time spending awhile in a local shop. Congrats on your super sharp F2!

Quick Reply: Total noob