New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Ticket Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 11:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ticket Help

If you get a ticket do this.... send the court a check for $5 more than what they say. When they send you a $5 check back because u payed to much DO NOT cash it. Your insurance will not go up and they will not find out until you cash that check. Does it sound to good to be true??

Old 01-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Retired Administrator

I've heard that too transamlt1man and I tried it when I got a ticket for 50 in a 25 driving my Eclipse I had. I sent the ticket and rounded up... it was a simple $100 ($5x each mile over the speed limit) + court cost and something else.... oh, that's right, I had another $50 fine for my tinted windows. The cop didn't mark it reckless because I was in an industrial zone with no traffic, dry roads and no one around. Do it wasn't reckless in his view so he has the option not to write it that way. So I mailed in my payment of $200 (100 + 50 + 45 court cost). I never received a notice saying I over paid or my $5 back... but it's on my record. So who knows... maybe it did work. The story goes... the courts can not close out a traffic offense if the payment isn't balanced. Since you over pay... they have to wait until the balance is even before they can close the ticket and report it.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Retired Mod

wow. that is definately interesting stuff. i will have to try that if/when i receive my next traffic offense.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:39 AM
Retired Admin

ORIGINAL: blujeep81

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew if it's possible to get a ticket from a cop without getting pulled over? Let me know what you think.

Ok so heres the scoop....accordingly you have to have some sort of record to receive a ticket. If you are pulled for speeding ask to check the radar if it has been zereod out they can max the ticket at excessive speed. as for tickets in the mail, these are easily fought in court. there has to be evidence of a crime. Alot fo city's have cameras at stop lights now that will snap a photo and send a ticket. Then the vehicle owner is at fault regardless of who is driving. It is good to fight tickets in court though. Ask all the right questions, officers are required to attend training to ticket a car as well as seperate training for motorcycles. I am sure this varies state to state but ultimatly it is similiar. research your state laws. The smart one always wins! Everything if contestable, just find your loop hole. Hell we were all young once and got into our share of trouble. If you need some ideas for court cases let me know, my buddies and I have fought and won many a case!!

As for the three on a bike, two kids at that......whewwwwwwwww walking the line......careful sometimes our angels can't keep up with the bikes, we have to make smart choices ourselves......