Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

205 mph ticket

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 02:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 205 mph ticket

I know almost all of you has heard of the guy in MN doing 205 mph in a 65 mile an hour zone on a rc51....And I know no1 believes this rumor.....But I am here to set the record straight...I know for a SOLID fact that it is true...It took place on US HWY 61 in Anoka, MN (or just outside of town), I have seen and also sat on the bike....The bike is turbo and has a 50 shot of nitrous extended swing awms I mean this is a drag bike...And I have personally met the kid (before he went to jail)...He workED (got fired) at a local honda shop which will remain nameless.

Old 10-26-2004, 10:14 AM
Default RE: 205 mph ticket

I think the guy you are talking to is lying to you. The bike was a stock RC51 with an aftermarket exhaust. I watched an interview with the guy on two wheel tuesday, he is a member of sportbikes.net and posted his story there as well as this:
http://startribune.com/stories/462/5041608.html
So whoever you are talking to was more then likely not the guy involved in the situation. He is probably just trying to take credit. It seems like a few people have tried to do that so far. Everyone wants the attention.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:06 AM

Here is the post from the individual who recieved the ticket. He is a member of sportbikes.net and posted this there:

"All right, I was the one who got the ticket and it is time to clear some things up. For one, I was riding a 2003 Honda RC51, "heavily modified" with 2 Brothers slip on pipes and, well thats all the mods I have unless you count the "I stop for wh***s" sticker. Next, the bike wasn't impounded, it was towed so it wouldn't be in the roadway. Ok, on to the tickets. 205...uh no. I am personal friends with the owner of "Hitman Motorsports" and tonight, Sept. 22, we did a top speed run on his dyno, in 6th gear, and maxed nearly 60mph slower than I was arrested for. The "no motorcycle endorsement" is because my licence was expired, I do have a motorcycle endoresement for all you people digging into me about that. The stop watch method may be accurate at times, but this is un-conceivable for my motorcycle to approach 205. Honda's RC211v, which is Honda's MotoGP race bike, 5 cyclinders and 268 horespower, just broke 200mph on the track within the last week. And we are talking about a 1/2 to 3/4 million dollar bike. And for you gear-heads, I had on Joe Rocket Boots, Shoei helmet, Leather gloves, Ballistic coat, and leather bottoms. Also, both of us were arrested, and no, the slower one did not get a warning, he was ticketed for 111mph on a F4i. I hope this clears things up for everybody, I am just sick of everyone saying things about what they dont know, making me look like this horrific person. People speed, and if anyone knows anything about the "Flood Run" (which was the ride I was on, which by the way benefits the Gillettes Children Fund) I would be a hell of a lot more concerned about the 7,000 bar-hopping motorcyclist out on the road. 99% of the people you hear things from are misinformed. If you have questions, I will answer them. And one last note, this is information you don't know, the pilot who clocked me, was clocking me, the F4i, and flying his plane at 110mph all at the same time. Think about that for a second."

Old 10-26-2004, 02:19 PM

ya... that's the story I have heard and believe Neon.

Old 10-26-2004, 05:03 PM

well then the guy at the dealership was full of ****, but I do believe his rc51 would break 200mph........There is a turbo busa video that goes 220+ mph.....I believe the link to it is on www.ohiodsm.com or www.ohiodsms.com.......

Old 10-26-2004, 05:19 PM

If the one guy does have a turbo & Nitrous powered RC51 he probably would break over 200mph. It takes roughly 200whp in a sportbike to get over the 200 mph barrier. But then the problem comes trying to find a long enough & safe enough road to test it out on. At that speed, 1 small pebble and you are dead. I've seen several turbo busa's and R1's. I've never seen a turbo Rc51. I think that would be sweet.

Old 10-28-2004, 02:14 PM

It wouldn't make much sense to put a turbo on an RC51. I know some of the people on this forum have been to the track and understand what 155 feels like. To actually believe that an RC51 would do 205 mph, you need to go check your logic. The Hayabusas you see in the all of the magazines are heavily modified and take a long to time to refine. In a recent Sport Rider there was a guy who broke a land speed record on a Turbo'd Busa. It was near 215 mph or so. The bike was just gross. Just to let you know, both of those links are bunk. My 2.5 cents.

QuiK

Old 10-28-2004, 06:07 PM

yep. i know of a guy from another forum with a HEAVILY modded busa. he has made some sick videos racing 800HP vipers and supras. but i don't think he has broken the 200mph mark yet. i'm sure it can be done, but I agree that it takes about 200whp.

that is scary fast.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:16 PM

you f'ers wanna bump old threads...well this is almost teh oldest thread...EAT ME!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr

you f'ers wanna bump old threads...well this is almost teh oldest thread...EAT ME!
*****...very nice

Quick Reply: 205 mph ticket