New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Newbie Has Questions About Helmets and Gloves.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Has Questions About Helmets and Gloves.

I have tried on a few sets of gloves and they are all stiff and uncomfortable. I thought it was because that they were new so I tried on a few of my friends gloves that were broken in and they felt the same. I will be taking the MSF course and I am wondering if they will allow me to wear a pair of nike batting gloves which a couple of people I know wear. They are a lot more comfortable and I can bend my fingers a lot better in them. They are still leather but dont have a lot of the padding that traditional riding gloves do.

My second question is about helmets. I am leaning towards a Zeus 508 helmet which fits my head a lot better than some more expensive brands. It is DOT approved. Has anyone here had any experience with Zeus or more specifically the 508 model and if so how do you like them.

Old 04-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Default RE: Newbie Has Questions About Helmets and Gloves.

They shouldn't have any problem with what kind of gloves you want to wear and if they do take them off during the course. You'll survive. I don't like leather gloves either. There nice in colder weather, but a good pair of Fox motocross glove give me a better feel of my bike. I come from a dirt background and don't feel comfortable in anything else. Good luck with the course and don't know anything about the helmet sorry.

Old 04-02-2005, 03:24 PM

Icon makes a glove called a "Tarmac" I wear these gloves when cruising around town because they are lightweight and very flexible, but still have the extra padding in all the right places. Zeus helmets are okay, if its the only one that fits correctly, then your choices are limited. Try KBC helmets, they hit at a reasonable price point and they are pretty light and comfy. I use the KBC Phazer TK-9, good ventilation, light, and a pretty cool design to boot.

Old 04-03-2005, 05:14 PM

I ride Icon "Timex BLING" full "race" leather gloves. At first day were kinda stiff but afta a month or so they were good to go! I wear em all year long and they look like gaunlets! VERY intimidating and BAD ***! As far as helmets go I never heard of that brand. I ride Arai quantum 3 helmet it's Dot and Snell approved. It was 4 bills for the helmet but my boy told "how much is yer head worth to you?" More expencive helmets don't always mean "better" but Arai been around fer awhile and got a good track record. I dunno man I ALWAYS wear my gear when I ride and if sum idot don't see me and takes my monkey *** out I want something a lil better than batting gloves on my paws. The saftey course should give you static as long as yer wearing em when yer on da bike so I wouldn't trip on dat! Fyi... you might get more responces to yer inquiries if you post yer questions in your appropiate forum (i.e. 600, 1000, etc...) or you might want to try to post it in the "gear" forum.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:58 PM

Howdy , welcome to the forums

Better late than never