New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Rider/HID question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Rider/HID question

H7 is the important part -- you can install a non-H7 generic kit but it'll be a big pain in the ****. The actual components are the same for bikes or cars.

As for temps, the higher the temp the prettier the color. From sorta bluish all the way to purply (sp?). You also get less light the higher you go, however, it's still a crap load more than you get from stock.

My ballasts had two mounting holes so I used the one that was already on the front frame piece and drilled another. The ignitors are tucked under the front fairings (one on each side). Every kit is a little different so there's no "correct" mounting method. I actually hate that the ballasts had to be where they are -- I just couldn't find enough room to mount them anywhere better.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow its gotten cheap from when i bought mine a couple ago. here is the thread on msprotege.com http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119525

you don't have to be a memeber to read the thread but you do to be able to post. the guy has run group buys on other car forums before and he also holds "authorized vendor" status on protege5.com which means he paid dues in order to sell stuff so you know he's good for whatever you buy

the helio's also come with a spacer wit the h7 kit. my mucullogh kit didn't. i had to fab one up as the h7 bulb needs the spacer in order to sit right within the socket. the spacer did need trimming but it was better than to have to completly fab a part up

Old 01-27-2006, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: smarterben

ok......a few more questions.....i've been looking around at other sites too....soo...it shouldn't matter if the kits is for "motorcycles" correct?....as longs as its an H7 bulb? b/c it seems that the "automotive" kits come as a better deal b/c they come with 2 bulbs.

i've also found this site:

http://www.cqlight.ca/catalog/

which seems to have kits running around $195....(i think shipping included). i'm pretty sure i'm going to go with 6000k-6500k bulb b/c i like a white beam (any other comments on temps and colors and what you've experienced? liked/disliked?). chain....what did you use to mount your ballasts and ingitors?

i know i've been asking a lot of questions...but i just want my bike to be perfect in my eyes.

thanks again cbr forum
wow thats really cheap for an hid kit, seems liek a good deal considering i paid like 300 for each of my kits

Old 01-27-2006, 01:19 PM

does anyone know anything about that site that i posted? or would it just be safer to go with the GB?