New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new member from arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Shonna & welcome .......if it has been dropped start by offering less than 1100.
I'd low ball him as much as possible because after a "relatively" short time on the 250
I'd guess you'll be selling it for the 600rr. Nothing wrong with a 250 to get your "basics"
learned on. I'd offer him 700-850 for it.

Also I'm wondering if it has been dropped a few times ..........was it used for the class ??

Be careful buy smart ......not compulsive.........do some research , go to some bike
stores ......sit on a few get the "feel" for different bikes and try to figure out which
feels best.

Last edited by Sprock; 11-14-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

preach it sprock. very good advice

Old 11-14-2009, 09:19 PM

yeah it was used for class.. been dropped several times.. i will only be using it for a short time.. im not a very good haggler, he already told me he paid 1k for it and that it was worth 1800, yeah i looked it up it is worth 1800 retail in perfect condition but after having that much damage, i really dont want to pay too much for it... thanks for your help!

Old 11-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012

Thanks oH 8 ........the way i see it man.

Shonna I hear you ........but think extra buckeroo's later for a nice 600rr
and they are sweeeeeet bikes

Ya can't just fork over 11 bills when he only paid 10 bills
offer 750 go up from there.......or hopefully hold the line .

Tell him 750 .......advice from from ..........I dunno .........make something up
like your brothers best friend who's a motorcycle dealer or some bull like that.

Book value means zero on a dropped .......motor ed' bike
First thing I think of is not the dropped part .........BUT the burnt clutch part ! etc.

I've seen these MSF franchise setups .........off loading banged up bikes every year !

They are not worth that much .........plain and simple ...........don't be suckered by it.

Old 11-15-2009, 11:40 AM

thanks! yall have given me soooo much to think about... i am going to look at the bike today but i am going to wait to take that MSF course to decide if i want to buy a starter bike or just wait and get a 600rr... i am learning on my own and my main worry is that i am 110 lbs and cant hold a bike that big :\ i know eventually i will be able to i am just worried about starting out.. guess this class will help my fears with that!

Old 11-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by shonna
thanks! yall have given me soooo much to think about... i am going to look at the bike today but i am going to wait to take that MSF course to decide if i want to buy a starter bike or just wait and get a 600rr... i am learning on my own and my main worry is that i am 110 lbs and cant hold a bike that big :\ i know eventually i will be able to i am just worried about starting out.. guess this class will help my fears with that!
Ah, the Great Debate: 600 vs 250.

That you're worried and have fears has me recommending a 250 and taking the MSF. Buying a 250 will not be a waste of money if it means you start off right, building your confidence and skills. Confidence is key in riding any 2 wheeled vehicle, even a bicycle. Taking the MSF and starting on a 250cc are the ideal starting points for you, imo. You'll come to realize that your weight has very little to do with how you handle a 600cc (or even a liter bike with time, tho I'd recommend years before even glancing that direction).

In fact you'll find when you can skillfully flick a 600 around at your size, guys will find you irresistibly attractive

Old 11-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, sprock's on the money. If I were you, I would haggle on the GZ if that's what you want.

However, you could also look at 250 Ninjas, too, if you're into the sportier style. They're cheap enough, and with winter closing in, they'll be showing up for even less. Another option is trying to find an older CBR600. If you get tired of it, you can always sell it for about what you paid.

I would definitely take the MSF. Well worth it if you haven't ever ridden. Plus, it may give you a better idea of some of the bikes you might like.

Anyway, good luck with whatever you choose, and welcome to CBRF!!

Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 PM

Well, what girl doesn't want to get a guys attention sometimes
I looked at the bike today.. it was sooo much lighter than i thought.. it was pretty cute but nothing special.. the woman let me get on her new honda shadow (750cc).. pretty dang heavy... i am going to try to take this class this weekend and then see if thats what i want to do..
i did look at ninjas for sale but they are MUCH more expensive than small cruisers.. they are really popular with the little 15 year old boys here
i'd love to start out with a hotter more fun bike but there's only so much i can do for the next 8 months
if things dont work out with this bike i am not too worried.. i am hoping next semester will be much easier so i can try to get a job and maybe .. possibly get a better bike

if anyone is in the area and willing to show me around a bike, im down!!

Old 11-15-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Ah, the Great Debate: 600 vs 250.

That you're worried and have fears has me recommending a 250 and taking the MSF. Buying a 250 will not be a waste of money if it means you start off right, building your confidence and skills. Confidence is key in riding any 2 wheeled vehicle, even a bicycle. Taking the MSF and starting on a 250cc are the ideal starting points for you, imo. You'll come to realize that your weight has very little to do with how you handle a 600cc (or even a liter bike with time, tho I'd recommend years before even glancing that direction).

In fact you'll find when you can skillfully flick a 600 around at your size, guys will find you irresistibly attractive
hell i already do. id kill to have a girlfriend that was into cars/motorcycles as much as i am

Old 11-15-2009, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by shonna
Well, what girl doesn't want to get a guys attention sometimes
I looked at the bike today.. it was sooo much lighter than i thought.. it was pretty cute but nothing special.. the woman let me get on her new honda shadow (750cc).. pretty dang heavy... i am going to try to take this class this weekend and then see if thats what i want to do..
i did look at ninjas for sale but they are MUCH more expensive than small cruisers.. they are really popular with the little 15 year old boys here
i'd love to start out with a hotter more fun bike but there's only so much i can do for the next 8 months
if things dont work out with this bike i am not too worried.. i am hoping next semester will be much easier so i can try to get a job and maybe .. possibly get a better bike

if anyone is in the area and willing to show me around a bike, im down!!
again... if where you are isnt too far from memphis, id be happy to make the short trip to where ever in arkansas and bring my bike to show you some things around it. and stay posted for the tips ill be sending in a few mins

Quick Reply: new member from arkansas