New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New member

Hey all!

Got my license two weeks ago and bought this beauty a couple of days after...

I am torn between the desire of modifying it (which I by the way know nothing about, mechanics kind of scares me) and keeping it in its original state like now (except for the wicked exhaust system that goes roaring in the night). Anyway, great forum this is and I am sure that I will be spending more time here than on the bike now that winter is coming...

Last edited by regener8ed; 10-04-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Migge!

Congrats on getting your license.

Great looking bike! You found the right place to read up on all the info for your model & get tips on mods, etc. To that & your question, ride it for awhile like it is & decide what you want to do w/ it as you progress. I recommend doing routine maintenance to keep your bike in top condition. You should have a link to download the factory service manual in your model's section.

Glad you found us & joined up.

Last edited by gotcbr; 10-02-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Nice 600f you picked up. What kind of modifications are you thinking about? I'd put the effort into making it road worthy. Change all of the fluids and inspect the bike thoroughl. If you run into a repair that an upgrade will cure, so be it. Focus on riding, its more fun that way!

Congrats on the bike and license.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 PM

Thanks guys! I got a manual and bought Haynes Service and Repair Manual so I'll start by doing all the necessary things to keep the bike alive. Unfortunately winter is coming in Sweden so I am not counting on being able to ride for more than a couple of weeks more this year. I was thinking of doing something cosmetic to the bike (repainting it, shortening the back end etc.) but now I lean more towards what you're suggesting: riding it like it is (with maintenance done). When I feel ready to go deeper into the beautiful world of customizing things, I am sure I will find all the help I need right here. After having browsed here the last couple of days I am really impressed with the friendly atmosphere on this forum. I mean, it hardly seems like internet at all, being used to flaming and insults all the time. Great being here!

Old 10-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

being used to flaming and insults all the time.

Not here. Flaming and insulting a member is a surefire way to get put on the sidelines for a bit. We keep everything straight around here. Don't be afraid to ask questions, no matter how dumb you think it is. There are people lurking that need that exact question answered, but are afraid to ask. If anyone ever makes you feel unwelcome, PM a moderator and it will be handled...

Anyway, you're in Sweden! That's awesome. Please feel free to share pics and videos of what you ride over there. We love seeing parts of the world we may never get to ride in!

Last edited by 74demon; 10-02-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, and vällkommen till forum from the east side of the border

Nice bike U got there, I was pretty much in the same situation a year back with my bike, and based on that I`d say before making any major mods: Ride what you can now, get to know your bike, then garage it, do basic maintenance over the winter and think about what you like about it and what not. That bike looks pretty clean to me so I wouldn`t necessarily rush into making any major mods before you get to know it a little better, just so you wouldn`t regret doing anything you cannot undo. Just from my experience, wheel bearings and other little fiddly bits like the cush drive rubbers inside the rear wheel makes a massive difference (I know, my bike has 103tkm behind it)

Basically the only thing I don`t like bout mine right now is the front light`s a bad joke. I have extra hi-beams installed right now, and am thinking about fabricating a 3-lens projector headlight over next summer. Not entirely sure though, gotta see a few things happen before that...

And yes, this is a very clean and friendly forum, no flaming or that other ridiculous kiddy stuff at all (propably because the majority of people seems to be ...well, not necessarily mature, but at least a bit older )

Last edited by Mattson; 10-02-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Default Ride for your life

Kiitos, Mattson .

I will definately post pics and videos as I get into the riding way of life. The dream is to do a Long Way Round-kinda trip some day... Coast to coast in the U.S. perhaps... Or even better, Canada-South America would be awesome. Well, a guy's gotta dream, right?

Anyways, thank you all and see you around here

Old 10-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Migge
...now I lean more towards what you're suggesting: riding it like it is (with maintenance done). When I feel ready to go deeper into the beautiful world of customizing things, I am sure I will find all the help I need right here.
Sounds like an excellent plan. :-)

After having browsed here the last couple of days I am really impressed with the friendly atmosphere on this forum. I mean, it hardly seems like internet at all, being used to flaming and insults all the time. Great being here!
We do our best to keep our community atmosphere friendly & helpful, & a good place to be. We def take our rules & code of conduct seriously, & strive to always maintain high standards.

...I will definately post pics and videos as I get into the riding way of life. The dream is to do a Long Way Round-kinda trip some day... Coast to coast in the U.S. perhaps... Or even better, Canada-South America would be awesome. Well, a guy's gotta dream, right?...
I like your adventure spirit. I enjoy roadtrips as well.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all!

Got my license two weeks ago and bought this beauty a couple of days after...

Bikes

I am torn between the desire of modifying it (which I by the way know nothing about, mechanics kind of scares me) and keeping it in its original state like now (except for the wicked exhaust system that goes roaring in the night). Anyway, great forum this is and I am sure that I will be spending more time here than on the bike now that winter is coming...

congrats and welcome to site, its awesome

Old 10-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Default Thanks again!

Many thanks for the warm welcome again. I have now decided what the first action for the bike will be: cleaning. And I mean a real cleaning. There are so many excellent guides here so I am pretty sure even I can't fail at giving my new girlfriend all the love she deserves.