New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new here..need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here..need advice

hi guys,
im new here but not new to riding. I need some advice and ill explain why. I was riding my cbr 1000rr ,not going very fast,maybe 50,and some granny pulls out in front of me . I went over the cars hood and my ankle got banged up pretty bad. I had to get 3 pins and doc told me i may never have full motion again. Oh .by the way,it was my left foot...yes my clutch changer...just my luck.My question is do you guys know of anyone like this..with foot damage and still riding..Is it possible to ride again if my full motion or strength doesnt come back in my foot.. Any help or advice is appreciated..

Old 04-29-2011, 09:35 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu
welcome to CBRF

Really sorry to hear about the accident Torquer.

Make sure you get involved in a physical therapy program if you haven't.

As far as riding, there are guys out there that ride with all sorts of impairments. You can find a way to get over a loss of ankle range, but make sure you work on regaining your motion.

Man With One Arm One Leg Rides A Motorcycle At High Speeds - Jokeroo

Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 PM

thanks for video..i guess i shouldnt complain compared to that fellow..thanks for advice im in therapy as we speak. the accident damaged some nerves in foot area and things are going slow right now. Im afraid i will never have the foot strength i use to . Do you think this will effect me changing gears or are they ways around that..

Old 04-29-2011, 11:18 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by torquer
Im afraid i will never have the foot strength i use to . Do you think this will effect me changing gears or are they ways around that..
Keep it positive!! yes you will get your foot strength back, yes you will ride bike again like you used to.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by torquer
hi guys,
im new here but not new to riding. I need some advice and ill explain why. I was riding my cbr 1000rr ,not going very fast,maybe 50,and some granny pulls out in front of me . I went over the cars hood and my ankle got banged up pretty bad. I had to get 3 pins and doc told me i may never have full motion again. Oh .by the way,it was my left foot...yes my clutch changer...just my luck.My question is do you guys know of anyone like this..with foot damage and still riding..Is it possible to ride again if my full motion or strength doesnt come back in my foot.. Any help or advice is appreciated..
christ, glad you are at least here with us now. dude dont be stupid, of course you can get your full motion and strength back. you are going to have to work out more than the average lazy *** hole but with dedication you can come back. Good luck sir

Old 04-30-2011, 08:05 AM

Well even with reduced strength / range of motion. I'm sure you could mess with your clutch lever to get it to work. I'd just concentrate on getting your self better and able to ride, then worry about the logistics!

Old 04-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard torquer. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I think you can still ride if you put your mind to it. Proper stretching b/f riding will b/c very important. I can definitely relate...

Thanks to the mil, I don't have feeling in the outer portion of my R knee like I should. When I smack into stuff on that side I don't feel it normally like my L knee. ;-)

More closely related to your situation... I've torn/injured (mirco tears) my L Achilles. The pain w/ a torn Achilles is unlike any other pain I've experienced...completely excruciating & very limiting. The Achilles affects the entire ankle joint, making it difficult to walk or even stand...& healing takes long periods of time. Getting back on the bike was challenging, especially w/ the L Achilles injury, b/c of the shifting required. First time back out after the injury, I was extremely careful & very deliberate about my foot positioning, shifting, etc. As time passed, soreness worked out & I became more confident. If anything, the shifting motion was good therapy for strengthening the joint & rehabbing the entire foot/ankle/leg. Even though its been months since my last Achilles injury, from time to time, I still get tinges of pain in that L ankle joint. However, I'm riding (& everything else).

Your body & mind will get used to the accommodations that you have to make w/ that joint. While you may never get completely free of the injury, you'll get used to it. Positive Mental Attitude w/ go a long way to helping. So keep riding!