New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

new guy here, not sure where i should post?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy here, not sure where i should post?

hi everybody, my name is aj, and i just bought a 04 cbr 600 f4 well that's what the vin told me when i ran it. So my question is, where should i post? I seen the f4 section but the f4 section show's yrs 99-00 and the f4i section is for 01-06, so should i post in the f4i section since i have a 04 f4? Any help would be appreciated thx.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:06 AM

well this thread has been up for a few hrs. now and 23 people have looked at it and not a single person replyed i mean is this really that difficult of a question to answer? but thx cbrforum for making me realize i have no business at this place since apparently everybody is stuck up and dont care to help. but anyways thx for making me realise ya'll are f**king pr**ks!

Old 03-12-2011, 12:08 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by 04CBRguy
well this thread has been up for a few hrs. now and 23 people have looked at it and not a single person replyed i mean is this really that difficult of a question to answer? but thx cbrforum for making me realize i have no business at this place since apparently everybody is stuck up and dont care to help. but anyways thx for making me realise ya'll are f**king pr**ks!

did it occur to you that not every one of us has F4s, and personally i have no idea where you should post. it is your responsibility to go to f4 and f4i to figure it out. if you dont want to be here, well its your choice.

what the heII is with the name calling. keep that to yourself.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Your 04 would be an F4i, but they often shows up on official pwork as an f4 (the "i" being somewhat comparable to a trim level.)
the forum is filled with plenty of friendly and helpful folks, but most pageviews come from site visitors and bots. Chill out, dude.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 questions - what does the VIN tag on the frame say = it will have the model and year listed there. also where are you located US or otherwise? Some non US countries have continued older bike models in years they weren't available inthe US.

(I'm assuming you're in the US - mainly cause you decided to tell a whole forum to go fornicate themselves after only 2 hours of non response, early on a Saturday morning, where many of us are just getting into non-snowy weather where we can get our bikes out on the roads instead of paying attention to motorcycle forums)

I guarantee Honda got it right on the VIN plate - go look at the VIN plate on your bike it is the reference point - I also guarantee that the DMV got it wrong if there's an error on the title. The title is not the holy grail for reference here - the manufacturer's origin plate is.

also - the "i" in F4i is a reference to that fact that the bike is fuel injected. Standard F4's had carburetors. If your bike is fuel injected, the it is definitely a F4i. If it has carbs, then it is definitely a F4, and not a 2004 model, cause the F4i replaced the F4 in 2001.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:41 PM

Chill bro.....
Geez some people are busy working and what not...not always going to be able to reply instantly. 23 people or not viewing?? doesn't really matter considering anyone can "view" the post whether they are registered here or not.

and go with what adrenalnjunky said...check your vin plate...

Personally, I feel that everyone is very helpful...until you start insulting for no apparent reason.