CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

Post 1.. look at my cbr, post 2.. i wrecked it!!

Old 02-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post 1.. look at my cbr, post 2.. i wrecked it!!

ok, so yea like this was my f2 as it stood 2 weeks ago

and here it is now

and for the gold!!!!

i dont even know where i went wrong... i was leaving work, and ofcourse, because im still only 2 weeks into the bike, i gun it down the parking lot, im at wot in 1st, and i go to squeeze my right hand over the brake lever and i get jerked back and grab the handle bar out of instinct... that was my 2nd mistake, at that point the bike went wot again in 1st, and i got another jerk, at this point i realize i've lost it.. and my dead end turn is coming up QUICK, so i grab the clutch, and before i know it im rolling and sliding down the asphalt parking lot.. i see the bike is on its side sliding way ahead of me.. i couldnt get up due to momentum and kept rolling and sliding forward, everytime i was up i tried to llook at the bike... thinking, "ok, its not that bad i can still ride it home" but it kept sliding, hopped the apron at the end of the parking lot, slid across the road and slammed into the 6" curb across the street, picked itself up right, and rolled onto the bank(30' from canal)..

i had my gear on.. from what i could afford in the 2 weeks that i had the bike,Helmet, icon armored vest under my leather coat, and a pair of cheapo gloves(yea i have less skin in my palms now)

what should i do about the bike? it still starts, all the gauges, headlight, front fairing and everything up there is smashed, the brake cylider, the right peg is gone, and the brake foot pedal is bent

can u guys give me approximate pricing on the cost of repair, versus the cost of sell, part out to try and get another bike? im thinking i need

f3 right fairings, f3 headlight assembly, f3 upper fairings, brake lever, pegs, gauge cluster..and FRAME SLIDERS!!!!

(f3 stuff because thats whats on there already)

Old 02-17-2007, 02:01 AM
Default RE: Post 1.. look at my cbr, post 2.. i wrecked it!!

Ouch man. Thats a damn shame. That bike was really nice. Do you have any experience on dirt bikes or 4 wheelers with clutches and such?

Sounds like you freaked out and had no idea what to do. I'm not very experienced either but riding dirt bikes and my old 400ex really helped me out. Just because I knew exactly what to do if things got crazy.

The bike won't be cheap to fix but I'd say it could be ridable again for less than 1k easy.

PS: What was being used to delete those mirrors? I can't really tell from the pics but It looks decent.

Old 02-17-2007, 06:32 AM

wow. that sucks. sorry to see such a bike looking like mine.. if you find a good group meeting let me know! lol... good luck with which ever way you go.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: keithacole
i dont even know where i went wrong...
Don't mean to kick a man when he's down, but....

because im still only 2 weeks into the bike, i gun it down the parking lot, im at wot in 1st
I'm glad you had on some gear and hope you get the rest while you're deciding what to do with your current bike. At least it sounds like you came out of it OK and get to learn from it.

Keep us updated on what you decide to do about the bike.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:40 AM

Bummer about your crash.

My intention here is not to be a d!ck and kick you when your down....

Firstly, let me state that this is the exact reason why many people (myself included) say this is why a 600 sportbike is not a beginner's bike and nor is it a forgiving bike.

(NOTE: I'm changing the order in which you said some things in your original post)

what should i do about the bike? it still starts, all the gauges, headlight, front fairing and everything up there is smashed, the brake cylider, the right peg is gone, and the brake foot pedal is bent
First fix the rider! (see below) Then fix the bike.

This is the really scary part of your post...

i dont even know where i went wrong... i was leaving work, and ofcourse, because im still only 2 weeks into the bike, i gun it down the parking lot,
I hope you realize that the first thing that went wrong was the decisions you made. Why are you going wot in a parking lot?!?!?!?!? There is no need for that crap. Your a 2 week old rider going in over your head.There is a high probability that a car (or worse, a pedestrian) will dart right out in front of you and you have no time to react (hell, you didn't have time to react to the turn that was in front of you and you saw that coming!!!!!) There's no trophy to be had for being the fastest in a parking lot.

im at wot in 1st, and i go to squeeze my right hand over the brake lever and i get jerked back and grab the handle bar out of instinct... that was my 2nd mistake,at that point the bike went wot again in 1st, and i got another jerk, at this point i realize i've lost it..
(maybe I'm misreading this....) why are you going wot and applying the brakes at the same time

and my dead end turn is coming up QUICK, so i grab the clutch, and before i know it im rolling and sliding down the asphalt parking lot
Here is another mistake. Why did you grab the clutch??? The bike has less traction with an unloaded engine!!!!!! (I hope this is now obvious to you)

can u guys give me approximate pricing on the cost of repair, versus the cost of sell, part out to try and get another bike? im thinking i need

f3 right fairings, f3 headlight assembly, f3 upper fairings, brake lever, pegs, gauge cluster..
I think you may want to get the bike checked for fork and frame damage too. If the frame is damaged, you're best off parting the bike out.

Costs of repair will vary. It can cost $1k or more if you get new parts, it can cost several hundred depending on what you get on Ebay. I suggest you first fix the things that are required for general functions and safety first (in other words, do the cosmetic stuff last).

[font=tahoma][color=#660099]IMHO, I don't suggest getting new parts or even decent parts on Ebay until you learn to control the throttle, the brake, and [most importantly] your street mentaility (e.g. going wot in a park

Old 02-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

abadfish, that's one of the best posts I've ever read. *applause*

Old 02-17-2007, 12:53 PM

you guys are tottaly right... a 600 is not a starter bike, i bought a cruiser last year and was riding that to work everyday.. but when i got the cbr, it was learning time all over again...

when i called a buddy of mine right afterwards.. he called me an idiot also for going wot in parking lot.. he says he lost it so many times doing that due to debree and such..

Old 02-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not going to repeat whats already said but I agree with the sentiments above. WOT in a parking lot is like playing russian roulette with your life and the bike. Don't do it.

Tracks are pretty much one of the only places that WOT should be used (not saying you can't goose on it hard when the time is right.. ) But with only 2 weeks of riding experience, you were way in over your head. Sorry to hear what happened mate.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:06 PM

I will also agree that 600's aren't the best to start on. I started on one but I had a good deal of racing 4 wheeler and dirt bike experience which helped out. When you fix it be careful.

Also did anyone figure out what he has on their to delete the mirrors?

Old 02-17-2007, 05:16 PM

mirror delete=bolts through bear caps.. its more of a joke, but does get the job done

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Post 1.. look at my cbr, post 2.. i wrecked it!!