The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Not a goodbye post, a thank you post.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:11 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not a goodbye post, a thank you post.

Over in Off Topic kiwi TK mentioned that I've been here for nearly ten years. I had to check, and by gum, he's correct. That means the CBR and I have been partners for nearly ten years. My join date was only three or four days after its purchase.

Anyway he also said "I feel good about our work with DRam. A member for nearly ten years and we managed to help him out."

That caused me to think back over all the help members of this forum have given over the years. Not to be maudlin about it, but thanks everyone. I appreciate the knowledge you have shared over the years. You're a great bunch with whom to associate.
DRam, aka Ron B.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep lots of helpful folks on board here over the years. You're making me feel old, Ron.
Seriously, it's a good feeling to know the old girl has survived for a decade tho!

Old 10-23-2014, 12:02 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Senior member in more ways than one Eh?

The sharing of knowledge and experience (while not talking down to people), is what makes this forum superior to many others.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)

Originally Posted by regener8ed
Yep lots of helpful folks on board here over the years. You're making me feel old, Ron.
Seriously, it's a good feeling to know the old girl has survived for a decade tho!
Well, sort of. Until this August.

Attached Thumbnails Not a goodbye post, a thank you post.-cbr-web.jpg  
Old 10-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah
OUCH !
But she'll be back Ron.
My old Lady has also been with me just over 10 years now, and she's still the "other woman" that my wife complaints about (but not often, and with a smile)

I've learnt so much from the guys here - so many "how to's" that I wouldn't have even thought of and many that aren't even in the workshop manuals !!!
It has also been thanks to the members here that I've attempted repairs which I believed were beyond me, and the encouragement given when hitting the bumps.
It is a special place with truly special and memorable people. Funny, most of us have never met in person and are never likely to, but are like a big family each with their own specialities due to the foibles of our own special bike. They are all the same, but are also different. As they should be..

Old 10-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

It is a GREAT forum DRam - and all the other CBR1000F reprobates who dwell in the ether as well make this place worthwhile.........

As well as learning to fix the odd CBR problem, many friendships have evolved and MUCH mirth has been had

Long may it continue

Cheers, SB

Old 10-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator
Received 311 Likes on 255 Posts

I know I am considered a new guy around here but I will say this. Being a geek by profession, I've been on just about every kind of social media there is and have given up on all of them as I grew weary of all the negativity, flame wars, soap box speeches and general nonsense. I came to this forum to gather some sport bike knowledge since I had recently gotten a new toy, after decades of riding various other styles. I can honestly say that the overwhelming majority of the folks on here are very nice as well as helpful. I look forward to the posts every day and contributing when I can. It's a great place to meet like minded people.

Last edited by hamlin6; 10-23-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

^^^Ditto.

I've been here a while now. There is a unique way about this place. I feel like most of you guys are my honest friends.

Thanks to everyone as well.

Old 10-23-2014, 03:51 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Does anyone else have a warm fuzzy feeling?

Quick! Somebody say something manly!

Old 10-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

So... you're saying no more friendship bracelets, Hawkie?

Okay, okay, okay.

"Cowards die many times before they perish. The valiant never taste death but once."

Redeemed?

Quick Reply: Not a goodbye post, a thank you post.