New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to the forum...just bought a '94 F2

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum...just bought a '94 F2

Hey all from the most easterly part of Canada (Newfoundland!). I was looking to get back into bike when the F2 came to my attention. To be honest I nearly walked away from it but I remember these bikes being awesome and it has just over 10,000 KM's on it. The engine sounded awesome and after negotiating with the seller I got a great price on it.

So after trolling the forum I've already started working on it to get it ready for the spring. Just bought two new tires, Metzelers M5's (anyine riding these? Thoughts?) and just pulled the wheels to get them put on.

The bike was a mess and had not been washed for a long time unfortunately. However with a little elbow grease it's amazing what some polish can do. I'm also in the process of hacking off the back fender and putting on some leds turn signals. Just bought a new flash relay based on reading some of the posts here.

I am going to get the bike looked over thoroughly in the spring to make make sure everything is fine. I think the idle is off and the carb's need to be sync'd and the throttle is really sticky.

The biggest downside was the fairings. They are pretty much shot. probably directly realted to the price I paid. I've done some searches on the forum to try and see how the ebay fairings look but I think my account is restricted yet. In any event, it seems to be hit or miss with the fairings from china from what I've read. Any suggestions on a good seller would also be appreciated.

Keep the rubber side up!
J

Old 10-27-2013, 10:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome aboard!

I don't have any experience with the M5s but I had the K3s on my 2011 s1k. Was prolly all in my head but I never fully trusted them. Sticky throttle prolly will be taken care of when you clean the carbs, since there's little point syncing them before cleaning them. Make sure it opens freely and lube the throttle cable too.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:39 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome , congrats on your f2, get over to the f2 section to say hello, they will be able to point you in the right direction for tyres and fairings,get some pics up of your bike and your work, best of luck

Old 10-28-2013, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Welcome aboard!

I don't have any experience with the M5s but I had the K3s on my 2011 s1k. Was prolly all in my head but I never fully trusted them. Sticky throttle prolly will be taken care of when you clean the carbs, since there's little point syncing them before cleaning them. Make sure it opens freely and lube the throttle cable too.
Read a lot of positive reviews on the M5's. That and a great deal on the set with free shipping sealed it. As for the throttle I did pull the tank and air filter. The carbs had no varnish whatsoever. The PO did tell me this but I took with a large grain of salt given how dirty the bike was. I'm thinking a healthly dose of throttle cable lube wouldn't go astray in fixing it.

Originally Posted by wheelnut
hi and welcome , congrats on your f2, get over to the f2 section to say hello, they will be able to point you in the right direction for tyres and fairings,get some pics up of your bike and your work, best of luck
Thanks! They've already given me pointers on the flash relay and the pics (that I could see) pointed me in the right direction for the rear fender cleanup. Definitely will be tapping in to that.

Thanks for the replies!
J

Old 10-28-2013, 08:41 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! You should post some pictures when you get a chance!

Old 10-29-2013, 11:36 PM

Welcome to CBRF...

Old 11-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum Jay,

As the boys above have said use Photobucket and copy/paste the IMG link to post photos on the site.

See -----> https://cbrforum.com/forum/forum-hel...-posts-104022/

Cheers, SB