New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to the Form Not the Game :P

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 04:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New to the Form Not the Game :P

Hello,
The Name is Alix Hoover, the ride is an 01 600. As im typing this im taken back to riding it, (currently deployed in Afghan). Normally I can figure out all machanile and electrical problems between me and the Friday night ride club. But in case i don't, or want to find the closes riding group nothing wrong with meeting new people! I do have a question, any one know of a good aftermarket DOT APPROVED tail light? mine is illegal and wont pass next years inspection when i get back

Old 11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard!

RE: tail light - can you use the original oem tail light to pass inspection? Then, you could go back to your current setup. As far as aftermarket lights go, a lot of the ADV riders use the DRC Products lights, check here - - DRC PRODUCTS - . They've got several applications. I have a set of their signals & they are high quality.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:18 AM

Well I would put the OEM one back in, if i still had it. and after the bike had a date with gravel the tail end was replaced with the after market. but Hawaii doesn't like LED lights without the plastic cover. So the quick fix was find a cover with a DOT stamp to place over my two tail light. B/C they are 3X brighter than stock, it will shin through. To go back OEM, I need to buy the tail light which is $97, then the battery tray (because were the light bolts to it, its busted), so there is $126. But my current light set is a custom lower cowl that attaches inside under the rear cowl for 30bux. granted yes, I could just stop crying and fork over the 300 plus what ever else I may need and order everything and have it stock again. But I never really liked the look. I have had this bike forever (put 28k on it, all maintenance done by yours truly) just if there was an easy fix were I don't have to do some much work. Or am I just fighting against a brick wall? Here is the rear end with out the rear cowl on, so you can see what i mean about the batter try (or OEM speaking the Fender, RR Part#699006)

Old 11-17-2011, 10:57 PM

Welcome!!! I wish I had a taillight recommendation, but out here in CT we don't do inspections