Need help form my CBR 1k Family..

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help form my CBR 1k Family..

Whats up to all the CBR riders. I need some input. I am riding a 07' CBR 1k. I got all the basic mods ; 2 Bros. can, flush, windscreen, sliders, intergrated light...ect. ect. ect. I am origianlly from Chicago where our bike shops would modify even if it wasn't street legal. Well I am now in Los Angeles where the shops dont' wanna do any real work. My question is I wanna run some led/strobe lites in the under frame and over the front and rear tire so it looks like I'm floating on lites while riding at night.

1) Does anyone knwo if this is legit in L.A.?
2) Is there a good shop that someone to advise me on to have lights installed?
3) The best running light on the market?

Thanks in advance to the CBR riders for your input. Peace and ride safe. Anyone in the L.A. area, lets hit the road...

Old 08-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Default RE: Need help form my CBR 1k Family..

I live north of you in Redding California and this is illegal here i'm pretty sure. Lots of guys were trying to run those lights under there cars a few years ago and were getting tickets like crazy. Cops would say it was distracting to other drivers. Even the colored head lights are Illegal here. Welcome to Cali though ( some of the best roads in the U.S.A, and also some of the best weather.) Guess you'll be tradingsome bling on you're bike for the ability to ride 365days a year.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Ty
Default RE: Need help form my CBR 1k Family..

You don't need a shop to do that. Those things are all over the place and very easy to hook up. oznium.com, custom-dynamics.com, ledunderbody.com, streetglow.com, liteglow.com, all sorts of other ones. eBay has a ton of that stuff. Get the LEDs and not the neon because it uses much less power. The color-changing ones are not as bright as the single-color strips. Don't use the double sided tape or screws that come with it. Get a tube of 60-second epoxy and glue them to the inside of the fairings so you can see the light but not the bulb. The 1000RR has perfectly shaped fairings for this. 8 or 9 inchstrips work the best. Those "pods" or whatever can help light the tighter spots.

As for the legal stuff, anything that you do to attract attention to yourself is going to do exactly that. Tuner cars were being harassed about neon lighting (and still do) because once a Cali cop pulls you over for something, he can do a spot inspection to look for CARB numbers on aftermarket parts. No CARB number = emissions ticket and retest certificate. Aftermarket parts in Cali have to have a CARB number to be sold or used there. I don't know if that applies to motorcycles or not. It could be just automobiles.

Anyway, if a cop is looking for someone to harass, you probably don't want to be the brighest, loudest thing on the road. They seem tobe attracted topeople who have incorrectly installed their bulbs and are projecting the light outward toward other traffic.I'm sure you'veseen cars like that and they really are distracting. Strobe lights are a definite NO on the street. It's fine in a parking lot but that will get you in a lot of trouble if they see you with strobes on. Only emergency vehicles are allowed to have flashing lights and they do not like it one bit if someone else does.