New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Bike, New Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Bike, New Forum

Well let's get the basics out of the way. My name is Josh Schmutz, most everyone that know me calls me Schmutz (pronounced smoots). I live in southwest Missouri and work for a locally owned car dealership. I've been happily married for over nine years and have two kids. Anything else you might (or might not) want to know you can probably find on myspace or just ask me.

Now that that's out of the way.................can someone please help me?!!!!! I recently purchased a 2008 CBR1000RR. It is the black with dark gray graphics and I frickin' love it. I'm trying to make a few changes to the appearance (because that's what we all want to do right after we get a new bike) to give it a touch of personal style. Thankfully someone has already made a fender eliminator which I am putting on tonight. I have also found a smoked windscreen and ordered a few Honda accessories.

My main concern right now is finding a lowering link for the rear suspension. As much as I like the look of a lowered bike, it is more an issue of riding preference since I'm barely average height and my feet aren't flat on the ground when I am holding the bike up. I also like having the center of gravity a little lower when I'm riding. If anyone know where I can find a link with a 1"-3"adjustment for this bike I would really appreciate it. The local dealer couldn't help me with the fender eliminator or the windscreen, both of which I found myself. So far I'm completely striking out on the lowering link.

If anyone has any questions about the bike feel free to ask. I'm still getting familiar with it since the weather has been terrible most days since I picked it up so I'll try to answer question as well as I can. I look forward to any help or advice you guys have to offer.

Thanks

[IMG]local://upfiles/26774/1116E66B8C924F96AF2720DFCE80E6EC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-14-2008, 11:13 PM
Default RE: New Bike, New Forum

Verynice bike! Best color choice in my opinion!

Id be looking for a new pipe,the new suzuki, yamaha, and now honda pipes are hideous.
frame sliders maybe?
some nice real carbon fiber accents?

keep her shiny side up!

Old 05-15-2008, 10:38 AM

Thanks for the response. I've been looking at pipes and haven't found one that really jumps out at me although I did see a Jardine Carbon Fiber one that I'm considering. I got my first carbon fiber pieces yesterday. I bought the Honda accessory kit that come with the tank pad, rear cowl accent, fuel cap and a piece for the front of the tank cover. The cowl to replace the rear seat should be here next week. As far as the frame sliders I'm open to suggestions. I hate the idea of cutting holes on my baby but I know that I should have them as a precaution. Let me know if you have any recommendations and thanks again.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:48 PM

Sweet bike, welcome!

Old 05-16-2008, 01:31 PM

Welcome to the Fourms.