New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Looking to Join the CBR family!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to Join the CBR family!

I am in the market for a sport bike and since my history with owning hondas it seems like a CBR is the best choice, one thing is i am on a budget and still saving up for it, so i was looking for some advice. I am thinking about a 600f4i like 2001 also thinking about the older models and stuff, my question is since it was the first year of fuel injection are there any problems with them or did they make it right from the start(i work at Lexus and it seems first years are usually not that good always some problems or tweaks that are fixed over time). Also wondering how much quicker is the fuel injection compared to the older carburators, and would be a recommended bike for a starter rider(i have a Honda 400EX atv, but i never really been on 2 wheels before). One last question laid down bikes or salvage title bikes, are they usually ok after you do the cosmetic fixes(like i said i am on tight budget so that seems like the cheapest way to).

Sorry for such Cluster of thoughts, lol, any responses would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Default RE: Looking to Join the CBR family!

Hello & Welcome!!

Cheapest way to go is to search your *** off. Sometimes your best bet may be someone just looking to get rid of a bike, etc. Try www.craigslist.com, if not CBRforum's classified section.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:43 AM

i've been trying craigslist a few times and now noticed how quickly things go if they are cheap enough, so it looks like i am in for a hunt which i don't mind.

One more question a few weeks back i had a little mishap on my atv, which threw me over the bike and onto some rocks, i was using my racecar helmet which is a Snell SA2000 rating, some people have told me that i should get a new helmet because that one is toast, even though i don't see any damage whatsover on it, i also heard from one guy that if you drop a helmet on the ground even you need to get it checked out with an x-ray or something. I was wondering should i start putting money aside for a new helmet or i would be ok with this one, or should i just have it checked out somewhere.

Sorry again for all the Noob questions, thx for the help

Old 12-06-2006, 11:02 PM

Put money aside. What you heard is correct! They are foam like particals inside the helmet, spaced apart enough to let air through. When you drop your helmet, they get smashed together. The air that was once there is shifted, offering less protection than before.