New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Joining from SoCal!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SavageWS6
All day, my F-body was my first car actually, and I'm already 20

So owning a LT1 F-body, a 98 CBR... All my friend be jealous cause I got amazing credit and there broke with no credit. Gotta start somewhere though!

I'm still learning much about the bike itself, and learning general mechanics between cars and bikes. I've been on Fuel Injection cars all my life so I don't know much about jetting, nor how the -1/+2 sprockets work correlating to speed, faster acceleration etc? I'm taking it something like throwing 3.73's into a car?

Now sure If I'm allowed to post outside links but here is the thread all in one with everything

My 97 T/A WS6 Re-build log - LS1TECH
yes, well, -1/+2 would be more like 4.10s haha, but yes, that's all it is. jetting, once understood, is pretty easy too. you'll figure it out (putting the jets in is the easiest part) pilot mixture, air needle height, etc.

you'll see with the bike, bikes are much simpler to work on. or at least i think they are easier than cars. valves are a little bit more time consuming with bikes (dohc with buckets anyways), but everything is easier imo

as far as your build thread, that's a very nice t/a you have there. and that water pump is purdy. so are the longtubes and rockers

you gotta take pics and throw them up of the motor once your guy gets done!

Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Orange jacket for you!! Don't get caught without it especially not in uniform... If I cruise the bike back down to Temecula ill have to hit you up...

Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
yes, well, -1/+2 would be more like 4.10s haha, but yes, that's all it is. jetting, once understood, is pretty easy too. you'll figure it out (putting the jets in is the easiest part) pilot mixture, air needle height, etc.

you'll see with the bike, bikes are much simpler to work on. or at least i think they are easier than cars. valves are a little bit more time consuming with bikes (dohc with buckets anyways), but everything is easier imo

as far as your build thread, that's a very nice t/a you have there. and that water pump is purdy. so are the longtubes and rockers

you gotta take pics and throw them up of the motor once your guy gets done!
Ah okay I figured it was something similar to FD. The bottom end still has to go in, get smoothed out, pistons to be lightened to the lightest one, weight off the crank etc. Slowly but surely it gets done!

Originally Posted by Halzinky
Orange jacket for you!! Don't get caught without it especially not in uniform... If I cruise the bike back down to Temecula ill have to hit you up...
Ya I'm wearing a Icon armor piece I got from a buddy of mine for cheap. Wearing it everywhere I go, don't care if it's sunny. Had 2 people riding me, and almost hit me in the 1hr of riding this afternoon :/

But ya defiantly. I'm still learning the basics but getting better and better with the bike itself. My biggest learning curve was weight transfer for turning, and the clutch for some odd reason, much different since I'm using my hand instead of my foot.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:38 PM

Welcome to the forums,

Nice looking bike there, enjoy it and settle in

Old 02-19-2013, 01:46 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome, nice ride

Old 02-19-2013, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Shueisha
Welcome to the forums,

Nice looking bike there, enjoy it and settle in
Thanks man

Originally Posted by wheelnut
hi and welcome, nice ride
Thanks all.

Should've joined the CBR community a long time ago! Cheers!