New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

im hopeing its a good bike.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im hopeing its a good bike.

hello all, names jack, live in south eastern mn and just picked up a 98 cbr600f3, bought it from a paint shop for what they had into it, $2000 even, there telling me the flush turnsignals and the intergrated rear blinkers are not standard, also its got a electrit seat release and a so called aftermarket rear fairing(one peice) , new seat and some crazy fat rear tire that reminds me of the tires on a citation mustang, Im not claimeing i know these machines at all thats why im looking to talk to people on this site. Im thinking it sure alot cooler looking then the harley i used to run, and thing i should know about these bikes?

Old 07-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Jack, congratulations on your new bike. There's lots to learn about these machines, and this is a great place to do it. I think you will find that compared to Harleys, CBRs run more efficiently (high speed/low drag). A lot smoother with tons of acceleration. You'll have to post some pictures of that crazy rear tire.
I'm very curious!?
Welcome to CBRF

Old 07-24-2009, 09:43 AM

A couple pics, ill take better ones latter today, and thank you gor the greeting. Im gona be pulling the carbs and jetting it, iv just gota play with it little first. I may have put my foot in my mouth with a co-worker, Im betting the honda can out accelerate his persanal jet to the point of his lift off, on parralell runways ofcourse, its gona be interseting, if i win there will be a vidio, if i loose,,it never happend,,

Attached Thumbnails im hopeing its a good bike.-picture-585.jpg   im hopeing its a good bike.-picture-587.jpg  

Last edited by CBRclassic; 07-24-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha ha.. good luck with that race... lol.
Post the vid anyway, man, even if you lose..

Nice bike you got there. What size tire is that? Just curious..

Welcome to the forums and ride safe!

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 07-24-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome aboard!
Check out the F3 forum,plenty of helpful guys in there to steer you in the right direction.
As far as the jet race....jet needs about 150 knots? to lift off and the F3s top end is around 150, so it should be close but I think you can take him

Old 07-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now I'm intrigued with this race...lol..

I don't know chit about jets, but I guess it depends on the jet as to it's accelleration.
You should be able to figure it out mathematically (for the most part) before racing.
If the jet needs 150knots for takeoff, then that's about 172MPH which I don't think the bike will do. HOWEVER, the bike is gonna get up to speed quicker...(you're not racing some airshow mig are you... lol)
I think you can take him...

Old 07-24-2009, 05:34 PM

Tim has a old crj2 citation, looks fast as lightning but its not, but there isnt any point in telling a pilot the facts, even thow its the mechanics that know the skinny,,they still wont lisnten, with that being said guys,,I CANT LOOSE TO THIS P_ICK!,j/k, hes a nice guy, it'll be a dead out, fire wall forward run, at the point his nose gear leaves the runway the race is over, and it begins after his spool up and rolling, and you guys are correct, it should be close but i need to jet this bike before we attemt it, and im putting amy on it as the driver, she's 102 pounds soaking wet and drives these bikes like its her thongs on fire, tim dont know that part yet,,so any tips on the bike would be well recived guys, and i will post the video after we do this 'training excersise"

Old 07-24-2009, 05:48 PM

just make sure you get her plenty of fuel and air